Going Dairy Free

we are the same lol, we have coconut milk which is convenient as strait out of the box. I will occasionally go to the trouble to make own. We have a good health food shop which has lots of choice though

we are pretty much dairy free as lo is lactose intolerant and I have a sensitivity to it. We get coconut milk, buy lots of vegan and to be honest I make a lot of stuff from scratch. We do have the odd bit of dairy as lo is ok with a small amount as long as good quality (cheese) I am vegetarian, lo is not but a lot of the stuff which is vegetarian is also vegan with no dairy. I have always found it fairly easy, all the super markets near here have a free from range, we have a health food shop which is fantastic. There is lots of soya stuff though we don't genrally get as still upsets lo's tummy. You can make dairy free icecream with soya vanilla custard, just get ready made and then put in freezer and take out often and stir. I think the only dairy we even have a small amount of is cheese and some butter

Waitrose and Ocado sell Bessant and Drury ice cream which is soya free and coconut based also most sorbets are dairy and soya free. Both oatly and koko can be used to make decent custard from scratch. Ecomil (one of the better almond milk producers) sell an almond cream on ocado which is very highly rated :) xx

we are pretty much dairy free as lo is lactose intolerant and I have a sensitivity to it. We get coconut milk, buy lots of vegan and to be honest I make a lot of stuff from scratch. We do have the odd bit of dairy as lo is ok with a small amount as long as good quality (cheese) I am vegetarian, lo is not but a lot of the stuff which is vegetarian is also vegan with no dairy. I have always found it fairly easy, all the super markets near here have a free from range, we have a health food shop which is fantastic. There is lots of soya stuff though we don't genrally get as still upsets lo's tummy. You can make dairy free icecream with soya vanilla custard, just get ready made and then put in freezer and take out often and stir. I think the only dairy we even have a small amount of is cheese and some butter

Waitrose and Ocado sell Bessant and Drury ice cream which is soya free and coconut based also most sorbets are dairy and soya free. Both oatly and koko can be used to make decent custard from scratch. Ecomil (one of the better almond milk producers) sell an almond cream on ocado which is very highly rated :) xx

thankyou so much, my lo will love you :thumbup:, we use koko so may try make the custard from scratch. Poor lo when we were out in the summer my parents thought I was being so cruel not letting her have an ice cream, I have heard about it several times off them, bad mummy lol, as according to them it wont do her any harm (poor love she does not enjoy diahrea caused by dairy) I usually stay clear of ice cream myself as it upsets my stomach

Can anyone suggest a soya and dairy free yogurt? With added calcium and vitamins would be great!

Almond milk is def my favourite substitute for tea, milky tea was the hardest thing to quit!

Almond milk in tea tastes just the same to me as milk, skimmed milk anyway

I saw these yoghurts online, but never had them, they don't have soy

https://www.sodeliciousdairyfree.co...ond-milk/blueberry-greek-cultured-almond-milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->