Going from 1 child to 2...nervous!

Emj30135

Reaction score
I have a 3-year-old (the only child me and my husband has together as of now) and a 11-year-old step-daughter. My step-daughter only comes over on the weekends and she is at the age where she is pretty easy to take care of and watch. Lately I have been nervous about taking care of 2 kids instead of one full-time and on the weekends 3! I am 28 weeks and I will be having my c-section in about 11 weeks so I am starting to get nervous. I consider myself a great mom and step-mom but I am just nervous about juggling time caring for both children. Anyone in the same boat or have experienced this fear? Thank you everyone! :)

Well I don't have the step child aspect but I am going from one child to two and am nervous too!

It's different to last time, last time I was anxious about becoming a mum and whether I'd be any good at it. This time I know how to look after a baby so that doesn't scare me. What is worrying me is how my little boy will react, I'm so scared its going to really upset him :nope: He's my baby still just like the next one will be!

I was so much more nervous becoming a mum for the first time. At that point I was step mum to a 10 year old 50% of the week. I think it's much harder the first time

yes, I know what you mean. I am excited, but nervous. And I don't want my little boy to feel left out.

Ditto here - now our little boy is nearly 5, life is pretty smooth and easy and he's easily entertained and taken care of.... adding in baby no 2 is kinda scary about how our relatively easy lives are going to change! Of course I'm so excited to meet our little girl and add to our family, but there are still fears! xx

I'm with ya! My son is 18 months and I'm terrified. I remember how hard the no sleep/recovery newborn stage was. Don't know how I'll do it with a one year old and going back to work so early. Saying prayers!

Ditto !!! Just about to post the same thread!!! I am so nervous.

I second what DLA said... ..i dont know how i'll ever have time to sleep with an 18month old and newborn :wacko: and hubby is hoping for me to return to work part time evenings..lol ya right!! I dont know how i'd function with such little sleep!!!!

Hi ladies! Just wanted to say I'm pregnant with my 3rd and I'm not as nervous adding another as I was going from 1 to 2... but it all worked out, the best thing that I did was have my daughter be involved with the baby... she was 2 1/2 when my son was born... I tried not to do anything without her and when baby was sleeping I would sit and play with her... she loves helping get diapers and burping him... also I tried to stay in a routine the best I could made it less crazy!!! But really it wasn't to bad... and I went back to work at 4 weeks pp....
Hope that helped a bit! Y'all will do great!!!! ;)

Yes im terrified! Like others im not scared of having a baby again I know how to look after a baby and know im a good mum but im so nervous abouy how I will cope with no sleep and a 2.5 year old and how it will affect her and also feel sad she will no longer be the baby!:( she will always be my baby though but she will be the big sister! Xx

I don't remember being nervous last time. This time I am worried about how DD1 will react. She has grown up so much in the last couple of months but is still so young herself. I've planned and tried my best to explain it all to her as best I can before she is here.

My SIL had a baby a few weeks ago and when we went to meet her DD1 was confused about her when I was holding her (I think she thought she was a doll) but got over it quickly. I'm hoping she reacts well to her sister.

When DD1 was born I remember being really upset that our dogs would feel pushed out. The anxiety this time is much worse!

I was petrified and cried do much by hat just shows how great you will be because you care.

I found it easy in the end. Baby slots in. They have to. You'll be amazed how you can involve the older one. When I fed baby it's our read a book time. So they are not ignored and their engaged. When baby had naps as they got bigger it was out craft time. So elder got one on one time. You'll find your way and love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->