Going from TTC to NTNP

MrsAttard

Reaction score
Any thoughts on how to do this? I mean, we've been TTC for a year and half, and due to some issues, I think we're going to have to back off for a while. I just don't know how! I know when I ovulate, and I'm taking extra vitamins and stuff, so I don't know how to un-know! I don't know how to relax and just 'let it happen'! Anyone else gone from TTC to NTNP? Suggestions?

We are in the same boat...we've been actively TTC since September 2011 and due to DH's health issues we are going to NTNP. I personally am just going to stop using opks and tracking my cycle and just BD when we feel like it without pressure. I have a general sense of when I ovulate but Im trying to push it ot the back of my mind. You cant UNknow what you already know just acknowledge it but dont put any pressure for anything to happen. Good luck! i know itll be tough for both of us

Me and my SO were TTC for mnths! And then I was pregnant and had a MC in 2010. Its taken me a year and half to get back to this point.....And I decided...I can't work so hard for something....and stress my self out...just to lose it all over again....So this time...we're not really trying as hard.....but we don't do the normal pull out method (TMI SORRY!!) this way....I don't stress myself out!! after a 40lb weight loss....here's to hoping!!

Thanks for your post I'm wanting to do the same. I hate how much I know now :haha:

I'm the same, off contraception since Dec 10, actively tried until about last may but have now backed off.

But how is it possible when you know the time you are likely to be ovulating? I wish I was ignorant to it all!

I've found that sex has definately become a bit 'baby making' and if I'm honest we just don't have enough of it.

I want to get the passion back and just f**k like the old days! My OH just seems a bit uninterested in sex these days, I don't want it to become an issue but to me it is a bit.

So my aim is to get some fun back in the bedroom somehow and try not to know what 'date' I'm on.

Need to delete that fertility friend app.....

I'm the same, off contraception since Dec 10, actively tried until about last may but have now backed off.

But how is it possible when you know the time you are likely to be ovulating? I wish I was ignorant to it all!

I've found that sex has definately become a bit 'baby making' and if I'm honest we just don't have enough of it.

I want to get the passion back and just f**k like the old days! My OH just seems a bit uninterested in sex these days, I don't want it to become an issue but to me it is a bit.

So my aim is to get some fun back in the bedroom somehow and try not to know what 'date' I'm on.

Need to delete that fertility friend app.....

I totally know what you mean! DH and I don't have sex enough either, though I think it's mostly due to his meds anyway. He just had an SA done and I'm betting it'll say his testosterone is low too. I don't know that we had 'old days' with lots of sex, but it would be nice not to think "do I need to put me legs up for 15 min now? or can I just go clean up?" I think I might need to get rid of my app too, I just can't being myself to it. It's also helping me plan vacation around my period! lol

hey !! so glad i found this thread! AF showed her head today. I felt like she was coming yesterday and decided if she shows I am not actively ttc for a while...Started TTC April of last year. Not sure how to do this full heartedly b/c i know i will be counting days subconciously :coffee:
hopefully can get in to see OB/GYN in the next couple months:dohh:

I want to try NTNP for the next couple of months also since all you really hear is "relax and don't stress". We were actively trying before. So my plan is to leave it up to DH. Since he's rather clueless about all of the timing and dates, and fertile period and all that. He just knows when he feels like DTD. So that way there is no chance of me pressuring him or asking him every other day. He gets to decide when, and I just won't say no! Hopefully that'll keep the fun in it and the stress out!

Im thinking of trying this too, except ive just spent loads of money on a cbfm and test sticks :( so i dont wanna of wasted my money. I cant help but know when im ov due to awful pains :/ x

Any thoughts on how to do this? I mean, we've been TTC for a year and half, and due to some issues, I think we're going to have to back off for a while. I just don't know how! I know when I ovulate, and I'm taking extra vitamins and stuff, so I don't know how to un-know! I don't know how to relax and just 'let it happen'! Anyone else gone from TTC to NTNP? Suggestions?

yes, we tried and tried, then decided not to try the cycle we got pregnant.

hide the opk's, don't temp, don't count days (or try not to), and try not to check mucus. if u have an app tracking it, yeah, maybe time 2 turn that off.

finally, if u still know when you might be, just don't tell your DH when u think you are ovulating. then, let him initiate any marital embraces and don't worry about staying in bed with legs up. that's about as ntnp as i can think of, lol! :thumbup:

good luck, and enjoy not stressing over ttc! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->