Going on holiday

Reaction score
Well Dylan is doing sooo well with his food. He has a baby cereal/porridge with fruit for breakfast and veggies and sometimes a fruit puree too at lunch. It's all been homemade apart from the cereal of course, which I'm ok with. The only thing is we are having a mini holiday in a few weeks so that Dylan can meet some of OH's family in Scotland, and I don't know what to do with regards to feeding him. We are staying in a BnB for 3 nights so there is nowhere to make or store premade food. :shrug:
So it looks like I'm going to have to take jars, even though I don't really want him to have them yet for 4 whole days. Is there any other option?
If not, are the Hipp organic jars ok? Which would be the best to take? Are the jars full of junk or is that just a scare tactic from my MIL?
Thank you so much xx

Hun we have becky on homemade purees...in a few weeks we are going to France and will have to use jars.. we did the same with our little boy and he was fine for a couple of weeks on jars...I used to buy bananas and mash them so I knew he was having some "fresh" food....then we started the purees again when we got home.....
As for the jars hun, I read the ingredients and check I am happy with them...then I got with that one!! Hipp organic are good and Tesco have them on offer at the mo too!!!:winkwink:

Ohh thanks, I think I'll get the Hipp ones then. Just being a bit cautious as hes only 5 months xx

I got the hipp jars-carrot and potato, and green beans and potato- very simple- because we are staying with family a few days.. he's still having milk so he'll be fine nutritionally for a few days. Finn likes them more than my dinners, the little bugger :(

Ellas organic pouches are really good and organix do a range of fruit purees that don't need to be refrigerated.

Ellas organic pouches are really good and organix do a range of fruit purees that don't need to be refrigerated.

Ohh, I've never seen these before. Where do they sell them? All the Hipp jars I've bought are mixes and I'm a bit stuck as some of the things in the Dylan hasn't had yet. Would like to get the fruit puree's.

tesco do the pouches, the assistant showed me them the other day!!! :rofl:

We took Simeon to France a couple of weeks ago and I had to use jars - we took some of the Heinz Mum's own range, and we also bought some over there - he loved the baby ratatouille. I try to make my own as often as possible, but I have been using jars on and off since we came back from France as I have been so bogged down with stuff - I just always check the ingrediants. x

Ohh, I've never seen these before. Where do they sell them? All the Hipp jars I've bought are mixes and I'm a bit stuck as some of the things in the Dylan hasn't had yet. Would like to get the fruit puree's.

They sell Organix stuff in erm......Poundland:thumbup:

I've also used Ellas Kitchen, Hipp Organic and Organix stuff....oh yeah and Plum Organic too (recommended by Mervsmum), found these very similar to Organix pots:thumbup:

Poundland!? Woo! That will save me money - looked in Co-op and the pouch of fruit puree was £1.87! Would do Dylan one meal, maybe two but I don't know how well it would keep so that was a no no. Will look in Poundland thanks xxx

No probs hun:hugs::thumbup:

Happy holidays:kiss:

i recently discovered those ella pouches and think they are ace!!
if i ever do give archie a jar(if i forget to defrost something lol) i use the hipp organic just veg and friut ones, i thik a cuple of days on jars as long as you look at the ingredients wont do him any harm at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->