going out advice please.......

kellyrae

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I need some advice, this is my 3rd child but first time exclusively breastfeeding.
I'm feeling a little cabin feverish at the moment as I have only been out once in 3 weeks :( though we have had bad snow and I'm recovering from my third section but I feel now I need to get out even if it's just for an hour into our village.....but they are all small cafes and I will feel quite uncomfy feeding him.....I know I shouldn't but I know I will, did anyone else feel like this?

What do you ladies do to make it more discreet?

Any help appreciated as I'm going crazy in my house at the moment!!!

I did feel like this to begin with and would use a light scarf to cover me but found she kept coming off and on.

Easiest I have found is wearing a two tops a cammie top under and normal top on top. I pull the cammie top down to under my boob then get my breast out ready (so it's still covered by the other top.) Then I bring baby close to me and quickly lift my top up and baby onto breast.

Practice it at home first so you can do it fast. You should end up with tummy and chest covered with just a bit of boob out for baby that no one should see.

Sometimes I keep my hand up near her head so if she pulls off I can quickly cover myself with my top.

Good luck

Also remember baby will get quicker and less fussy at feeding as they get older. It will get easier. And you will feel more comfortable the more you do it.

Could you go out with a friend so they can help if needed ? E.g pass you baby and cake?

I did feel like this to begin with and would use a light scarf to cover me but found she kept coming off and on.

Easiest I have found is wearing a two tops a cammie top under and normal top on top. I pull the cammie top down to under my boob then get my breast out ready (so it's still covered by the other top.) Then I bring baby close to me and quickly lift my top up and baby onto breast.

Practice it at home first so you can do it fast. You should end up with tummy and chest covered with just a bit of boob out for baby that no one should see.

Sometimes I keep my hand up near her head so if she pulls off I can quickly cover myself with my top.

Good luck

This is aLos what I do. I also have muslin at hand incase things are going a bit awkward and can tuck into my bra strap the. Hang is over my shoulder and baby head if feel particularly uncomfortable although not actually done that this time (baby no. 2)

You can buy feeding slip over things which you put over your head to hold in pl ace but basically is apron that then goes over baby also so nobody can see anything going on behind. My sil used this as was never comfy with the feeding thing.

I would just say it's about making the decision to just do it, after a few times you won't care what others think anyway and getting practice of manoeuvring your clothing and baby quickly makes confidence groW. I think bf key benefits is to not feel like you're stuck at home or can only stay out for x number of hours as only got 2 feeds on you so i hope you do become comfy with it so it doesn't Take a way that huge ease of always having food on you,

I bought a nursing cover , it's cotton, and you put it over your head, the neckline is boned so you can check baby but no one can see anything. I have H cup boobs so it's hard to be discreet.

I also use it when we have family or friends over. Means I can keep feeding and not leave the room.

£30 quid John Lewis. Best money I have spent x

I did and still do the two shirts method . I bring a receiving blanke and cover until he's latched and then remove the cover . I've found no one actually really even notices what your doing most of them time so don't worry )

I had a nursing cover at first but I felt like it drew more attention to us than had I just been feeding her without one. I agree with the two top method, in my opinion it's way more discreet than a cover.

The first time was the hardest, it was way easier to do it again once I got the initial feed out of the way. By the 3rd or 4th time I felt like it was completely normal and not a big deal.

I find an off to the side bench or back booth and then use my nursing cover. :)

I would probably feed right before you go out, then the walk in the pram baby should sleep the whole time you are out if it's around an hour, my ds always did.
First time nursing in public is tricky but once you do and it goes fine you'll wonder what the fuss wss about!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->