Going out for Christmas dinner..

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
So, this year it's just me and DH having Christmas dinner.. Amelia is at her Dad's house from 11am - 5pm Christmas Day. :nope: We're thinking of going out for it, instead of cooking for just the two of us. We've always had Christmas dinner with our families before now, so this is going to be really strange for us.. Strange but nice, I hope! :haha:

My question is, have any of you been out to a pub/restaurant for Christmas dinner? Did it still feel like Christmas? Was it worth the money? I'm so worried we'll lose that Christmas feeling, I want it to still feel magical and festive for us both.

We're thinking of booking a table at the Toby Carvery near us, it's the only place I can think that will feel the most festive, plus I love the food there. It's £43pp, for a 3 course meal.. Would you say that's reasonable for Christmas Day?

Tia! :flower:

:hugs: hun. Is that the agreement you've come to?

I went out for Christmas dinner one year, it was lovely and still felt festive. I think it will of you chose some where like Toby :)

And yes that's reasonable for Christmas Day xx

That is very good value for Christmas dinner.
We have been out the last two years and loved it :)

Were you able to get a booking? Every where I have looked are fully booked :(

Ive been out for dinner a few times, and always enjoyed it. I think if it was just me and OH we would probably go out as well. Ive been to toby carvary at christmas and its nice, and that price is good for christmas day.

Thank you ladies, I feel a bit better about it now! It wasn't my idea, but due to a family disagreement DH suggested it. I managed to get a table, it's at 13:45 though, so not bang on lunchtime.. Every other time was booked, and every other restaurant I looked at was too!

It's a new experience for me, I'm just hoping I'll enjoy it as much as being at home. We'll still see both families, later on in the day. :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->