going out

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
Jessica was one a week ago and never had anyone else put her to bed. I feed her till she's drowsy, put her down and off she goes (normally). I haven't yet had to leave her at all. A week on saturday I'm meant to be going out for meal and drinks for a friends 40th. I'm a bit nervous. I can't pump so she'll have to have full fat cows milk, but I can't imagine her getting sleepy with her sippy cup. My oh gets frustrated quite easily and I can just see now he's going to get stressed, make her stressed etc. I left her once for my best friends hen do (that I arranged as I was chief bridesmaid). I was gone an hour and he insisted I had to come home. He's got 3 kids with his ex, so he's more experienced with babies than me, but they were never breastfed. How do I make it as easy as possible for them both? I don't really want to miss it, but of course I will if it comes to it. He's constantly going out (out tonight even), had weekends and weeks away. The last being two weeks ago and the next in two weeks. Admittedly with work, but they go out drinking, having fun etc. I kind of feel it's my turn. Is that selfish? I'm looking forward to wearing a non nursing bra and a dress I don't have to be able to feed in! I don't feel like me anymore. I just feel like mummy and I feel just one evening will help. Not even like I'll be drinking as he's off out for the day at 7am the next morning with his mates!! Any hints or tips? x

Lol I might be inclined to give specific instructions to only call in case of emergency :)

Not really, but maybe you can somehow say nicely to him that he can handle it. Suggest things that help you settle lo. As for the milk, I might be inclined to warm it a little and deliver it in a bottle (if she takes it?). This way he can cuddle her as she drinks and simulate the closeness? Maybe you can try to really wear her out that day so she doesn't have trouble going to sleep.

She point blank refuses a bottle. Always has done. We've tried countless different bottles/teats/temperatures etc all to no avail. Just don't want to come home to a stressed and grumpy oh and a stressed exhausted baby :( x

Is there any way you could put her down before you go out? Obviously this depends on her bed time and what time your meal is but I've done this before. Other than that why not have him put her to bed one evening when you're in? You coud still feed her but have him do everything else.

Saying as you have over a week I'd do a few test runs with the sippy cup before the big night. Get her used to it so OH sees it's possible and you can go out with confidence that all will be fine.

Definitely do some test runs.

You are NOT selfish for wanting a few hours off duty. He's going to have to man up and do his best. Worst case scenario he'll have to stay up and cuddle her. It won't mess anything up for one night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->