Going rate for losing a tooth?

rosie272

mum to charlie finn
Reaction score
For those of you who go along with the tooth fairy story, what's your going rate per tooth? :)

not there yet but will be £1 or 50p not sure yet.

my bil gave his daughter £5 thats a lot of money when there all gone :wacko:

It sure is!! I'm just wondering what everyone else gives cos a boy in Charlie's school got £10 ! Ain't happening here :haha:

We do £1 per tooth. When I was little we did one amount for single root teeth and a higher amount for double root. OH though that was too complicated so we've stuck to a flat rate for all teeth.

I think anything more than £1-2 is too much really.

we do a £1, I checked first with some of the other mums at school and we all agreed a £1 seemed right (after all they do talk to each other about it and I did not want it to seem the tooth fairy was giving more out), Its a gold coin as well so thats exciting.

I went with a £2 coin as I never had a £1! He was happy with that :)

£2 coin here, purely because i think they look nicer and the fairies only give nice sparkly treasure :)

I wouldn't go more as it doesn't seem right for the fairies to give notes, it's not as exciting.

We changed it up each time. LO just lost her 4th yesterday. The first tooth was the most expensive. We gave a bunch of coins. The second time was a new toothbrush and new toothpaste. The third time was 5 dollar coins that look like gold coins. And last night, we gave a five dollar bill. We only have one LO so we splurged a bit on the amount. And she just puts all the money into her college fund anyway.

I think we did $2 for the first tooth and a $1 after though one time we only had a $2 coin so she got that haha.

Honestly? The happiest she was with the money was when she got 4 quarters :haha:

My son hasn't lost any yet but I'll probably give him a few pounds for his first then £1 for all the rest

Not at the stage yet but I used to get £2 a tooth so I'll probably do the same for my LO's

I think £1-2 is about right! It's supposed to be a shiny coin, I was a bit sad when Charlie's friend got a £10 note! Kinda ruins the story of the tooth fairy :haha:

I've been wondering about this too - I'm particularly clueless, as the Tooth Fairy brought me five pence a tooth when I was little (mind, three years previously, the same coin would have been a shilling). I guessed a pound would probably be the going rate, more or less, and am saving a particularly shiny one just in case. Have you noticed that in the Charlie and Lola episode 'My wobbly tooth must not ever never come out' Lola and Lotta never mention how much money the Tooth Fairy brought: they just get 'a coin'?

No missing teeth here yet but will probably give £2 for the first then £1 for the rest x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->