Going to have another late term preemie

jem_5500

Reaction score
Hi

I have manAged to keep my little girl going since she tried to appear now on and off since I was25 weeks. My son was born by emergency section at 36 weeks in 09.

After my appointment with my consultant yesterday I have had my section date moved ton22nd August, their dates out me 6days ahead but I know there is. I other way of her being anything but 36.

When my son was born he was in scubu for a time Nd then. I had him with me, he had bad jaundice and ended up in baby care tube fed with oxygen at 6weeks too. He then had breathing problems for 18,months where we often needed ambulances in the middle of night to get my son in for help with his breathing.

She is measuring smaller than ds And I have had all the steroids etc. I have a slight placental abrupt ion and keep having bleeds. My midwife told me she had never. Known anyone have so many shots of it in a pregnancy!

I guess I am scared of looking after another poorly baby after what we went through aNd the idea she will be here in less than four weeks scares me!

I was so convinced she was he we can't even work out at name!! She was estimated at 4lb 13oz yesterday so guessing she will be good weight with a other scan in 3 weeks.

Thank u for reading

Sorry to hear you are having such a stressful pregnancy. Neonatal have always told me girls are stronger than boys so that should go in your favour. Size isn't the most important thing and as you have had the steroids hopefully it will help.

I was born at 35 weeks weighing 4lb 13oz. I was treated for jaundice and tube fed for 2 days. I went home after 5 days but probably would have been earlier than that but those where the days when mum & baby stayed in for 5 days. I never had any problems or illnesses out with the usual child ones.

I hope that gives you some reassurance.

Good luck xx

25weeker is right (we were at the same neonatal too) and the girl thing is true.
My friend had her baby at 33 weeks, she didnt need tube fed and she was home in less than a week with no problems, so theres a little "good" story for you :flower

Thank u I think it was just so awful with my son it's scary it could happen again!!

My LO was born at 35 weeks and if it wasent for her jaundice we would have been home in 2-3 days, her breathing was fine, she struggled with BF but could feed from a bottle just fine. Every baby is different so you could have a totaly different journey from your son.

My lo was born at 36 weeks, 4lb 13oz and needed no help, was not jaundiced at all, he just fell asleep lots so he was tube fed for 24hrs but thn they decided that he was so strong willed and determined to feed they took it back out :)

My dd was 35+3 weighing 4lb 8oz, some trouble feeding but syringe fed her until she got the hang of sucking and she had a lighpad thing for jaundice but never went near scbu. Had her on the wed at 5.50 pm and got home at 7pm on the sat. My ds was born on the sat at 6.10am and weighed 6lb 7oz at 35+5. He wasn't breathing due to cord being round his neck but after some help was fine and I got him home on the Sunday at 1pm :) good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->