• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Going to prenatal/birthing classes alone?

Perseids

Reaction score
I'm expecting my first child in May. Long story short, I don't have anyone to attend the classes with me. Looking on the websites for these classes they all say that the prices include “expectant mother + 1 support person”. Has anyone attended prenatal classes alone? Do the activities in prenatal classes you've been to require having a partner there to practice with?

I want to prepare myself as much as possible. I'd love to hear some of your experiences of prenatal/birthing classes (attended alone or with someone).

Thanks!:flower:

I never took any prenatal or birthing classes when I was pregnant with my DS so not any insight there. Sorry. I would guess you don't have to take a partner with you but you could always call and ask. I know you said you didn't have anybody but I didn't know if you had thought of taking just a friend or a relative if you don't want to go alone? Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. :flower:

i havent been yet so im not sure if he is actually needed but before we organised him having time off work, i planned to take my mum or a friend if he wasnt able to be off that day x

Do you plan to ask someone to be there with you at the birth? If not it seems fine to go on your own as it will be more realistic . Alternatively invite a friend just for company.

When i went to class before my daughter was born one of the ladies had nobody with her and the midwife was her partner.

I went to classes and several ladies were on their own. TBH there was nothing in the classes that I attended where you'd really need a partner. It wasn't like the movies where you practiced breathing or anything, it was a different topic each week - like feeding, labour, birth, looking after baby at home, first aid etc - so nothing that meant you needed a plus one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->