going to tell boss

T

tinytoes

next week is the big day - telling our bosses we're having a baby!
I'm nervous because it seems to make it more real and the ever present scare of miscarriage is always a worry.....i've waited till 12 weeks but still i worry .....suddenly i'm worrying more than ever when perhaps I should be relaxing more??

did anyone else feel this?

With my 1st, my boss was the first person I told. We were very good friends, and she knew there was something up as I couldn't stop being sick, not morning sickness, just nerves. lol. I had been told it "would be highly unlikey I conceived naturally", well 2 children on, and now 8 weeks pregnant, I'm prooving them all wrong.

Good Luck!

I guess it must be nerve-wrecking! I'm dreading a BFP and having to tell my mum...

xxx

Can't say I've had to tell my boss because I'm not working at the mo but the worrying never stops and you'll have to tell them eventually. I'm sure you'll do fine! Good luck :D

Good luck - I'm worrying about having to tell my boss who is also a close friend and the rest of my family at 12 weeks just in case something happens afterwards!
But we do have to tell them as if they don't know they have no health and safety responsibilities for us!
xx

im going to tell my boss next week when i go back, im dreading it at havnt been there to long and just before xmas he sat me down and thanked me for how hard i work and how its good to have reliable staff members.
You shouldnt feel guilty for being pregnant but you do! Just want to get it over and done with!

i'm sure it'll be fine....i just worry i'm jinxing things!?!?

You know you're right we shouldnt feel bad - and it'll be good for people to know why I might be looking off colour as opposed to me having to just grin and bear it!!

I told my boss as soon as I found out. I dont know why. Ive got my 3 month review on Monday though and Im so nervous that this has done something to affect my job here.

Im sure everything will be fine hun, they'll probably be pleased for you!

xxx

I actually work with a temp company and I told them when I was about 9 weeks along, they kept finding me 1 year contract positions, which I knew that I was unable to take. They have been great about it so far though, are still finding me quite a lot of work.

I told mine yesterday and was NERVOUS im a nanny and I have no contract or laws protecting me, but she seemed happy for me and was asking me about school schedules for her kids for Sept so I think im in the clear I just need to show her I can arrange all my Dr's Apts around her schedule. and I think she will be fine.
GOOD LUCK it is scarey when its your job

I have a meeting set up with my boss on Monday to tell him. I'm kinda nervous, but at the same time, I know I'm legally protected in my job, and the University I work for has very strong policies regarding working moms, and even ensures that all faculty and staff have convenient access to a lactation room at work to aid in pumping when I come back (since we're planning on breastfeeding). So institutionally, I feel like I"m being looked out for. But it's still nerve-wracking!!

my wife is worried about telling her boss as well. but she works with all men she is a office manager at a hardwood company. she said she will tell them when she starts showing lol

I told my boss yesterday , I felt with the type of job I had better to give as much notice as possible, they seemed ok with everything. The children I take care of i have been watching for almost 4 yrs , so there first reaction was like aww they will have a little brother or sister so im breathing easier that i think m job is OK , i made it known my mother would watch the baby PT and that there children would not been loosing one on one time with me either. im lucky my mother lives with us so it will be easy to have some help.
Good Luck to those still waiting to tell the boss.

i dont plan on going back to work after the baby is born....while it is 100%what i want it's also a little scarey giving up a good job which pays well!
I'm going to be honest with my boss as i'll need to give 3 months notice anyway. still, all seesm suddenly so real and scary!

I don't think you ever stop worrying tbh hun! Just enjoy your pregnancy! And good luck with your boss' x

told the boss adn I was so pleased I did. She was very pleased and suggested I'd be able to takea year out after my maternity leave in acse I want to come back after that , but to discuss it with our HR people. Am so glad it went well! I dont feel so bad for being a grumpy cow at times now!!

Glad everything went ok, i was dreading telling my boss but thought i'd get it over and done with last week, they said the usual congrats etc and were fine about things although i could tell they would prefer me not to be!! one person whom i can't stand asked me straight away what my wedding plans were!!! cheeky bugger, i said "i am not getting married just because i am pregnant, i will wait until after the babies born, it wasn't an accident!"

cheeky sod!
I hate all that my DB's dad and granparents asked something similar...I guess some people just assume thats the way of the world.
We just say that we're in no hurry - we will do, but it's not a priority. We're a little family anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->