Going Vegan?

echo

TTC
Reaction score
So since I have been ttc for about 3 years and no baby, its time to start being serious about it. First of all, I really want to lose this weight. Despite resolutions to lose weight this winter, I gained 10 pounds. :( Part of it was pure laziness, I admit it. Another was being on a wacky schedule and feeling drained of energy. And I'll tell you, I hate feeling this tired and lazy.
So its time to change things. I am changing my job, which will give me a better and more regular schedule. I am looking forward to that because I like regularity.

Anyways, diet is so important. My husband is a vegetarian and I eat vegetarian most of the time, so vegan is just the next step. I was worried about cheese, because I love cheese. But I don't think my body processes it well, as the days I've felt most like crap have been cheese-heavy.
I want a baby and so far what I've been doing isn't working, so I'm going to see if going vegan will indeed give me the extra energy and stamina, as well as the weight loss it promises. I have several cookbooks, with some great recipes. And from being veg, I already know some of the protein pairs.

So has anyone had success going vegan? Did it make a difference?

Well done, you!

You're right about the cheese. I suspect it is that. Our bodies aren't meant to process dairy after childhood. In fact, the older we get, the less lactose enzymes we produce. Dairy is for children, HUMAN dairy is for children.

I'm a vegetarian. Before I became veggie, I gave up dairy for a while. It was great! It was hard, and I'm now back to dairy, but I felt so much better dairy-free.

I hope to become vegan someday, for the animals and for my health.

Good luck, and feel free to PM me whenever!

Thanks!
Haven't done it yet, I can't stand to waste food, and my fridge is still full of eggs and cheese, but witteling (sp) down. I am excited about it. It is interesting about the dairy, huh? I have some friends who are completely lactose intolerant, which seems to be quite uncomfortable if severe.

Im veggie too but would find vegan hard. Im currently on a big push to lose 2st (halfway there), cut way down on cheese, still eating a little yoghurt & egg white omlettes (for the protein to help with my egg quality). Good luck ladies x

Thats not yoghurt & egg white omlettes together btw ;) had egg white & spinach omlette yesterday - yum. Also eating a lot of beany stew dishes.

It's really great ideas to become a vegan. You almost need to eat some healthy, fresh and green vegetables, which are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber calcium and proteins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->