Going with OH to 'works do'?

shortie1990

Mummy to two under 2 :)
Reaction score
OH told me there was a little 'get together' with a few people from his work and the office staff on Saturday (so was told a few hours before.. Loads of notice!) and asked if my mum would have Riley if I wanted to go with him, (hmm 36 weeks pregnant..) anyway, I mentioned it to my mum as we were out having dinner at the time, and she said she'd have Riley as we never get chance to have time on our own and said she thought I should go.. So I agreed, but said to OH that I was just a bit nervous about being ignored by him, and explained how self conscious I'm going to feel sat there in Manchester being to pregnant and not knowing any one.. Anyway, all was fine, we got there, I wore black as to make the bump not as noticeable (as I could imagine all the stares with people thinking I was out on the lash) there was us, two other couples, and another guy, (I mean they were like 40-50 and I'm 21, OH is 26 :haha:)

Couple A (the younger couple) wer lovely got on with them brilliantly, had a right laugh, couple B how ever.. WOW!

They were the oldest there, I'm talking like nearly 60 if not already 60! The husband was like 'in charge' of where we were going as he goes out in Manchester alot, we went some where first for a quiet drink, and he as swearing and what not, which doesn't offend me, I swear myself, OH does also, but his wife kept shouting at him and scowling at him, and then looking in my direction, almost like 'don't swear in front of the children'

We then went to a curry place on curry mile, which was bring your own alcohol, so I had my bottle of Pepsi, and couple B had TWO bottles of red wine.. as this wine got drunk, they got worse, they were so loud, and so rude to the staff, and if any of us were to say something they didn't agree with, they'd talk over us really arrogantly, really embarrassing to be sat on the same table as them!

So we asked for the bill, it came to £60 for 7 of us, so we just said £10pp which would give them £10 tip.. And these people just DIDN'T get it! We all brought cah out with us but they only had card, so we handed them £50, and they needed to pay their share, wow they both started arguing because the wife didn't want to pay £70 on the card and didn't quite get she wasn't being done over and would have go get to a cash point anyway..!

Then we got to Yates, as the pub we were going to (after couple B rowing and insulting the taxi driver because the taxi was £13 and he would only pay him £10 and kept shouting at us for trying to pay the full taxi fare!!) as it was late it was too busy for me so I just said to OH I wanted to go home as this is a bit too much now! Not having a clue where we wer or how to get back to the car, we had to follow this idiot!

We'd agreed to drop couple A off at their hotel, but couple B insisted if we were dropping them off they were just near there and we could take them too, after telling them I wasnt doing it, I eventually gave in.. Got to the hotel, every one got out, couple B got back in...WTF

He kept saying it was just around the corner but neither would tell us where.. As we were getting towards the Motor way he said yeh just left here at the
Round about (Erm that's the motor way where the fuck do you think I'm taking you???) so I pulled over before I got there to know exactly where they wated to go, after a good 15 mins or arguing, as they kept insisting it was on our way home and we didn't have to come off the motorway, Erm yes because you can't stop on a motorway!!

I just said, luck, I'm getting on this motorway, and I'm going home, it was 1.30 in the morning, I was sober and 36 weeks pregnant, and you're a drunken rude man and I refuse to be spoken to how you're speaking to me, so they got out and tried to talk OH into talking me round..!

Anyway, my point is, I can't beleive some one can be so strange, they were such a strange couple, treating eachother like shit, and just horrible vile people, I kept trying to bite my tongue as not to embarass OH Infront of colleagues!

The next morning I just kept saying I really hope I didn't embarass you. It they were seriously taking the f'in piss!!

Sorry this is mega long, it was an eventful night, I did have a great time though and it's the first time OH has ever asked me to go anywhere like that with him before, do you go with your OB to do's and 'meet ups' and are you careful as not to embarass them?!

umm OH doesn't really go out a lot but i would if he invited me somewhere. i wouldn't care if i embarrassed him :haha: im sure he wouldn't if he did the same to me as well.

that couple sound nuts! i probably would've cried if i was 36 weeks pregnant and having that pa-lava.

I just couldn't beleive there are people like that!! Knobs! I think my OH is usually the one who does the embarrassing anyway :haha:

OMG! How rude! Did you take them home in the end?

:shock: Omg how strange/awkward :wacko: id have hated it!!

The only ones i ever go to are army christmas parties... which are an entirely different kettle of fish :rofl:

No, I pulled over before the motorway in a bus stop, as i'm not stupid and I know that unless they were planning on coming to our house, i'd have to come off the motor way to drop them off, which then would have been, well we're just round the corner bla bla bla he insisted i wasn't getting off the motorway though..yeh, i may be 21, but i've been driving 4.5 years, and i'm not a fuckin idiot!

so yeh, i pulled over in the bus stop and just said to OH and the couple, once i get on this motorway, I am going home, and home only, and they are NOT coming there!

he tried guilt tripping sayin 'oh dont worry we'll get a taxi, but its not out of your way, you have to go that way to go home'

- twat!

What a couple of idiots! Glad you had a good time though apart from them, its nice to go out and just be a couple for a change xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->