Going without pain relief completely

Im planning a homebirth and the only pain relief im planning is water. Can you girls help me out with ways to manage with the pain? This is my first baby so i dont know what the pain feels like?

I did want to give hypnobirthing a go but the classes are sooo expensive!

Thanks girls x

Have you seen this home study course for Hyonobirthing? It's a fraction of the cost of a course so a fab alternative from a qualified hypnobirthing Teacher!

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/509198-home-study-hypno-birth.html

Im planning a homebirth and the only pain relief im planning is water. Can you girls help me out with ways to manage with the pain? This is my first baby so i dont know what the pain feels like?

Thanks girls x

I didnt go to classes but used books and cd's to practice hypnobirthing and that worked fine for me so you can still use it as a method of relief. Also I used a tens machine which I found really helped and used it right up until I was pushing as I was concentrating on that rather than pushing a boost button lol.

Thanks girls x

In early labour I used hypnobirthing and a couple of hot water bottles on my back.

Later on I got in the bath and used hypnobirthing also.

To be honest, water never did a lot for me, but it must do for most women!! I read somewhere that it is the second most effective form of pain relief to an epidural.

With regards to the hypnobirthing classes, I just bought a CCD off amazon, it was only a tenner I think, and I did it fairly religiously from about 15 weeks and that did it for me :) If you can afford classes its obviously best but honestly, I managed with just the CD :)

Good luck xxxx

Water didn't do anything for me either, they had me in a shower with the warm water on my back- i could hardly sit. I had bad back labor- it was horrible. I didn't get a break in between contractions either- mine were messed up. They would peak and stay up there for like 5 minutes, come down for a minute if i was lucky and right back up. This was like that from the beginning. BUT i would never do it any other way!

had medication with my first ( had epidural and ended up ) they had to use vacuum for my son , bad birth experience my 2nd. boy I had him natural it was painful but I will do the same with my 3rd. boy . No epidural or anything else . I loved having natural birth . You can do it !!!

Thanks ladies i think im gonna buy a cd and some books - eek i literally cant wait! xx

Would that be stark raving bonkers? :lol:

No, not at all. :) You need to start believing in yourself and that you can do it, surrounded yourself with positivity and positive birth stories, look into things like hypnobirthing, etc.

I was induced and had a back to back labour (after breaking my back 5 months before I was in labour) and I only used a TENS machine. I'm not abnormal, it can be done. Just have faith in yourself.

I was induced, with contractions one on top of the other my whole labor, and was able to get to 5 cm before asking for any pain relief. My plan was to go all natural but I got to the point where I thought I couldn't do it anymore, and had been up for about 28 hours so I gave in. It did nothing so I requested an epidural, then it didn't work so they gave me another and it took the edge off, but didn't take the pain away at all and definitely wasn't the dream medicine people make it out to be. Then 2 hours later I was pushing, if I had known it would have only been 2 hours more I would have held off. Especially if you are not induced, it is definitely possible and you are not crazy! Just try different methods to see what works for you (walking, water, birth ball, massage, breathing, hypnobirthing, essential oils). I never believed in the breathing methods, and then in labor they were the ONLY thing that helped me. You don't know what will work for you until you are experiencing it. Good luck!

I was induced, with contractions one on top of the other my whole labor, and was able to get to 5 cm before asking for any pain relief. My plan was to go all natural but I got to the point where I thought I couldn't do it anymore, and had been up for about 28 hours so I gave in. It did nothing so I requested an epidural, then it didn't work so they gave me another and it took the edge off, but didn't take the pain away at all and definitely wasn't the dream medicine people make it out to be. Then 2 hours later I was pushing, if I had known it would have only been 2 hours more I would have held off. Especially if you are not induced, it is definitely possible and you are not crazy! Just try different methods to see what works for you (walking, water, birth ball, massage, breathing, hypnobirthing, essential oils). I never believed in the breathing methods, and then in labor they were the ONLY thing that helped me. You don't know what will work for you until you are experiencing it. Good luck!

i was the same after my epidural during induction with my first. i felt pressure after about half hour and was pushing an hour later, then forceps after two pushes cause of her not recovering fully from decelerations. but i was 3-4 cm not long before i gave up and if i knew it would be that quick i'd of carried on as i was and i would have been able to change position etc as lying flat on my back wont of helped with her not recovering then maybe would have avoided forceps. hindsight is so anoying ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->