Gonal F - back, arm pain & sciatica pls help

lexx7

Reaction score
I am doing mild Ivf and started Gonal F injections on Monday night. 75ml on Monday night and it didn't sting or hurt but I woke up yesterday with terrible sciatica and a sore back on the same side as I had the injection (left outer thigh) and also had pain in my left shoulder blade and down my arm, which was also tingling :cry:Now I do get sciatica on the left every so often but not this bad and I also used to get the pain in my shoulderblade but more so on the right side, again though, not this bad. Both were put down to poor posture and muscle tension.

Can the injections cause low back pain and sciatica???? I wonder if I was just so tense that it happened but my husband did the 2nd shot last night (my neighbour did the first and knew what she was doing!) and I got quite upset about him doing it and it stung and bled. But about 10 mins after, my right of my back started to ache :wacko: and I got really scared.

I also have myasthenia hence I'm sounding so anxious as it affects my muscles. Today the pain on the left of my back and aches down my leg are still there, as is the ache and pain in my left shoulderblade and down my arm. The pain on my right side of my lower back is intermitent.

Please - has anyone experienced this with Gonal F injections, or any other injections? All the videos I watched on u-tube were showing them in the stomach but my clinic say to put them in the thigh. They also didn't tell me to rotate the site so I have done anyway.

I'm really worried and I really don't want to give up on this - we've waited almost 5 years for a baby and 6 months of being messed about at the clinic and something happening to stop us going ahead - this is our chance at last....

Thanks for any replies - really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->