Gone off his milk (FF)

iwanta8a8y

TTC #3 ;-)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just after a little advice really, my LO has over the last two days decided that he no longer wants to drink his milk (formula). He has always had a very BIG appetite and has 7oz every 4 hours - however yesterday and today he taken hardly any. So far today all i have managed to get down him is 4oz.....!!!!! He just wont take it.

He still drinks it in the night, he has two night feeds, but not in the day, why could this be? Anyone one else had a similar experience?

Oh, but he will drink lots of water in the day...Put a bottle with water to his mouth, he will gussle it down, put a bottle of formula to his mouth and he will take a sip then spit it out...

Has he gone off the taste of it maybe?

I dont know what to do to try and get more down him :nope:

Im not sure to be honest.....he may be getting a cold, so he is thirsty but not actually hungry. Thats why he is taking the water but not the milk. Have you got a good HV? Could you ring and ask? xx

Ava has done this twice for a few days at a time- I assumed it was just the opposite of a growth spurt?? Could also be a cold or teething??
Anyway, the only way she would take a bottle was to be put in her pram with my dressing gown wrapped round her :wacko:

My HV said they dont like the taste of the milk, so they dont drink it for taste and dont 'go off' it... they drink as much as they need :flower:

x

Have you changed the teat size?

I know she is still drinking night feeds and water but my LO was also doing this then was fighting to get some of the bottles down changed the teat size and he started drinking again....think they get a bit bored when they need new teat sizes as they have to work so hard for it and if they are not really hungry they give up x

DId you try to feed him without distractions during the day in a dark room when he's tired & ready to nap?

Omar went through a similar phase at around 4-4.5 months. He used to get distracted while feeding. He was more interested in looking around. Until now he will not drink his bottle if there are distractions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->