Gone public...

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
🙈 now it feels very real and now my anxiety has shot up. I've not had a scan yet but I've heard baby's heartbeat on doppler at home. I'm about 9/10 weeks.
I know the 12 week marks usually when most people spill, but after losing 2 healthy baby's well after that point it doesn't have much significance for us.
Anyone else told people yet?

Not yet. Mainly because this pregnancy was unexpected and I don't want people to wonder why I'm not crazy excited at the moment. Haha. I'm trying to hold out as long as I can honestly until I start showing.

I've got a it of a bump now so I'm glad I won't have to suck my tummy is any more 😄 lol
We decided to tell the kids tonight, and well, no point trying to keep it quiet with these lot, ha!
Mixture of relief and stress Nd fear all rolled into one x

I'm only 4w5d and my parents, hubby's mom, all our siblings, and hubby's entire family know haha As well, we told close friends at our church and a few of my closest girlfriends know. We lost two last year and the way I see it....I tell those that I want praying for me, or those that I would go to for comfort if something were to go wrong, I tell them right away. Everyone is different, you just do what feels right in your heart. There is no right or wrong time or way to tell people!!!

I know what you meAn Eme, everyone is different but God forbid anything did happen, i personally would need the support and I'd still want my baby acknowledged x

We have no idea how far we are until the scan on Monday, I have told one friend and that's it
It's come as a shock to us but we are so excited
I want to try and keep it a secret until 20 weeks this time so we can say we are having a boy/girl everyone will be shocked anyway, I don't think they would even guess lol

I'm only 4w5d and my parents, hubby's mom, all our siblings, and hubby's entire family know haha As well, we told close friends at our church and a few of my closest girlfriends know. We lost two last year and the way I see it....I tell those that I want praying for me, or those that I would go to for comfort if something were to go wrong, I tell them right away. Everyone is different, you just do what feels right in your heart. There is no right or wrong time or way to tell people!!!

I didn't say anything with my other pregnancies but with this one I told both of our families for the extra prayers and guess what it worked=')

I am terrible at secrets. I told everyone with my son as soon as I found out. I told my whole family with this one at 5 1/2 weeks and my work at 6 1/2 weeks. It has made me a little more nervous because everyone knows but so far, everything has been okay.

I'm sorry for your losses. I am the same, I lost our first son at 2 days old and our first daughter was stillborn at 25 weeks. So the whole 12 weeks thing isn't really an issue for me. I just wanted to confirm a heartbeat which I did today at a scan. So now I'm happy to tell. We will be telling our parents on Saturday after wee told our kids. I'm looking forward to it!! :)

Not yet. Mainly because this pregnancy was unexpected and I don't want people to wonder why I'm not crazy excited at the moment. Haha. I'm trying to hold out as long as I can honestly until I start showing.

I could've written this exact comment. I feel like I'm showing but no one who doesn't know has asked or commented yet so I'm keeping it to myself a while longer.

I feel so sick too that I haven't had the energy to feel good about it. I feel physically awful! But really, I've seen some improvement in my acceptance and it seems to be going the right direction. If I can keep it to myself for another 2 weeks or so, I might be ready to tell by then.

Sausages I'm so glad you saw baby's hesrtbeat. I've heard mine on doppler but can't wait to see a wriggling baby on screen. PAL is hard ((((()))) xx

I told my family and my boss because I got such great support off them when I miscarried last time. I'm also thinking of telling my close friends. It seems crazy to shut the world out when you need them the most.

We told both parents and our siblings. Also all of our close friends know. We figured anything could happen at anytime and will need their support if things take a turn for the worse! Also, somehow I wanted this pregnancy acknowleged.

Iv told close friends and family waiting untill my scan pn 29th to tell everyone else xx

we have told family after we had a scan at 7 and a half weeks told work due to health and safety told my friend who 2 days later got a bfp as well lol will tell every1 else after 12week scan beta pic to post lol

I had to tell work the day after I found out! Lol I work with hazardous materials so the need was there to switch work tasks. Had I any other choice would I have told? Nope. I would have chickened out from nerves. Am I happy I was forced to tell early? Yup. It gives my coworkers extra time to get used to the ide a and make arrangements for when I'll be on mat leave. Now that I have that done I feel relieved because everyone is super supportive and happy for my dh and I. I haven't told any family yet and probably won't until the 12 week scan. The main reason being that since I had no choice about spilling the beans at work I'd like to tell my family on my own terms :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->