Gone too soon.

mel28nicole

Reaction score
I felt like a Debbie Downer to the pregnant forms I was on. So I figured I would come by here to express my thoughts.

On June 28th I found out I was pregnant. Based on my last period I was 6 weeks but I think I was only four. This whole pregnancy was great. On August 22nd I went in to hear the heart beat, but the doctor couldn't find it. I was a day shy from 14 weeks so it was weird. But he told me not to worry and it happens all the time. On the 23rd I went in for an ultrasound. At first she did an abdominal and couldn't see anything. She said I may not be as far as I thought, I told her I should be at least 12 weeks. She did a vaginal one, found the little one but no heart beat. Looks like the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. I cried instantly. I had some family members waiting in the waiting room and they had no idea til I told them. I had to call my fiancé while he was at work to tell him.

This is my first pregnancy at the age of 21. It wasn't planned but we thought it was a blessing and was so excite to start our family together. It was always in the back of my mind that I could have a miscarriage but I really didn't think it would happen. The pain is never something I experienced before. I had no bleeding or cramping. They called it a missed miscarriage so I went in this morning for a D&C to clean everything out. I appreciate all the support from family and friends. I could never wish this on anyone and I would have never expected to feel in so much pain, especially since I wasn't far along.

We are strong women. The men in our lives make us so much stronger. I'm so thankful for my fiancé and all te support he has given me. I know he is in pain too but he's been such a great help as well.

We decided to hold off on the baby making lol. I'm starting my last semester of college on Monday. My fiancé is about to start a new job. And we are getting married in June. It will give us plenty of time to heal and we know we'll get our rainbow baby one day <3 :angel:

We lost our baby yesterday. It was our first. Like you unplanned as I'm 22, I thought about miscarriage but I just didn't think it would happen to us. I know how your feeling, and I am so sorry for your loss. We are utterly devastated and I don't know how it is going to get any better.

I'm right there with you Hun :hugs: it's been three days and I'm starting to feel stronger but I don't feel like I'm strong enough. Everyone keeps telling me I'm a strong person, ill get through it, and stay positive. That's all you can really do. I can't wait til we have our wedding so we can try again. That'll be the best time for us and I'm hoping to feel better by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->