good or bad idea

A

addie25

Hi,

Well one week has passed since D&C (actually 11 days) and I am still crying on and off and cant shake it.

We have a cat and she would hate if we got a dog so I was thinking to get a kitten from a shelter. Save a life in a way you know since I could not save my baby. My husband thinks that I am just very emotional now and its not going to make me feel any better. He also thinks our cat is going to hate a kitten and that could be true I do not know. I just feel like I need to do something. I am very lost.... Yes or no to a kitten???

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.

This post isn't ment to be a lecture, its just what i did and how i felt at the time...

i had a d+c last year for a missed misc at 10 weeks. I just remember feeling so empty and needing something to fill that void. I ended up with another rabbit which didn't get on with the one i had and had to be rehomed. I know the reason i got that bunny was a distraction now. Its totally up to you. Just think of your other cat too, if they end up not getting on it could be a lot of hassle and upset in a time when you maybe won't have the patience for it you normally would? Thats what happened in my case....

If you really want a kitten why not, as long as you are getting it for the right reasons and not a spur of the moment like i did. It didn't help and just caused more hassle when i wasn't really in the mood for it. I just thought a nice new pet to look after didn't think of the other side....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->