good quality chocs?

MissCurly

Reaction score
i started this on general chat, but not much yet, and realised that all your girls here would be able to guide me a bit more.

well, a lot of baking recipes call for good quality chocolate, but i dont know what brands to go for.

so whats good? and also what's not too expensive?
thanks

xx

It's not the brand that's too important really, it's the cocoa content you need to be looking at, that said... you should be on the chocolate aisle in the supermarket... never buy that scary chocolate flavour cake covering stuff! It really depends on how rich you want something to be - I recently made a cake for my friend who is a serious chocolate fiend with 99% cocoa chocolate, it knocked my socks off and made my teeth hurt it was so strong... she however thought it was the best thing since sliced bread!

I tend to see what's on offer whenever I'm buying, and just pick that - I'm not brand loyal whatsoever!

I agree.. You need a high cocoa content so anything over about 70% I think they say.. Greene & Blacks or Lindt should do nice good quality chocolate

Sainsburys basics dark chocolate was lovely.I used it for peppermint creams and was surprised how yummy it was x

oooh... havnt tried making peppermint creams in a while! yummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->