got a cold - will baby be ok

Lauraaraa

Love My Baby Girl
Reaction score
i am suffering, have managed nt to get a cold up until last week, as soon as i got back to work i get ill.
:growlmad:

i get colds badly anyway but because immune system is lowered i feel so ill.

started with a chesty cough and its just developed into a stinking cold.

feel weak, cant taste anything, tired, nose hurts, throat hurts, head hurts, feel groggy and just like crap.

on my own aswell til next weekend earliest so i am not liking it at all.

cant sleep on a night as i get really bunged up and cant breathe through nose

then i got worried that having a cold would be harmful to baby

i have had my flu jab. so must just be a cold. but still worrying.

:nope:

got some olbas oil but read u cant sniff that when preg!! so cant take nothing n now cant even sniff tht!!!

Baby will be fine, just look after yourself. Make sure to drink plenty and rest lots!

hugs:flower:

My midwife recommended olbas oil, steam inhalation and hot lemon and honey when i had a cold x

I had a cold a few weeks ago - I too was worried about baby more than myself! I didn't really take anything for it - just nasal spray (which did help). Blew my nose as much as possible and lots of fluids. Good luck, feel better soon!

I just got over a cold. I ended up in the emergency room from a kidney stone because I had gotten too dehydrated while being sick. My suggestion would be to drink LOADS of water because I was drinking a lot of water and still was pretty dehydrated. All in all baby was perfectly fine though :)

ooo i aint being sick - phew! keep drinking though.
i am making myself some soup - veg soup to get some good vits inside of me!

i just hope it clears up soooon! hateee having a cold. just isnt nice!

makes you feel groggy and urgh!

aslong a baby will be ok

and i might give olbas oil a sniff if is ok to. forgot to ask my midwife. read can and cant on net so who knows. surely it cant be harmful?!

Oh yes dont worry. I had cold/cough/sore throat and sinusitus non stop for 3 weeks and was so paranoid went to dr to hear baby heartbeat which was fine and had a scan which was scheduled anyway on thurs and everything fine. The only thing i did which helped alot was to do a steam inhalation (bowl of hot water teatowel over head) with 1 tsp of vicks vapor rub in it and it helped a lot. otherwise sleep and hotdrinks. Hope you feel better soon x

I just recovered from a 2 weeks long cold myself. I know the feeling :(
Your baby will be fine, but you do need to take care of yourself especially with such limited things we can do for ourselves. I used nasal saline spray and neti pot to relieve the congestion, and also used the cool mist dehumidifier at night. For sore throat, you can use cough drops like halls, and some natural remedies include warm tea with honey and lemon. Also try salt water gargle. It worked like a charm. Hope you feel better soon!

i am wanting a cuppa tea soooo much but darent!!

hot choc it shall be later on!!

going to get some vicks and try th steam thing, need to do something i feel horrid!

Why cant you have tea?You can one or two cups a day tho I have decaff and drink loads of it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->