Got BFP today, AF due day but cramping?

Shells

Reaction score
So got my positive today,AF due today but having cramping the last few days. This is #2, didn't get it with DS and wondered if any of you had it and all turned out fine. Thanks very nervous this time x

Hi, congratulations. Heard lots of people saying that cramping is normal in early pregnancy xx

Yes! I had cramps like AF, but quite a bit worse a day or two before the witch was due so I thought she was coming early, then tested anyway and got my BFP. In my experience, totally normal! Congratulations!!!

I didn't have cramping at all with #1, so was surprised when I started cramping (period cramps) right after my bfp with #2. The cramps were on and off -a t 4 weeks for a few days after bfp, 5/6 weeks, 8 weeks, 9 weeks, etc, and felt just like AF was on it's way. It was really unsettling. Had some at the start of the second trimester too. They've just recently subsided!

I was 2 days late when I tested and I only tested because my DH woke up and was like "You have a test right?" But I had already woken up to pee earlier and he was like..."well. we can try" I got a light BFP almost immediately. Even after my BFP I was getting AF like cramps, they just weren't as strong. I'm 10w4d now, I'm going to hear the HB next week, so that will be a big relief but I haven't had any bleeding and my OB doesn't seem concerned with my blood levels and stuff. I hear its pretty common to have cramping and even maybe some spotting when you first find out you're pregnant. I've had pretty constant aching until 6 weeks then on and off cramps until about week 8, even now I get little pains but now its feels more like stretching-like when you're sore after working out a muscle. Figure its just my uterus growing.

Congrats! I had minor cramping early on after finding out, around 5-6 weeks. It should subside :)

Hello!

Did any of you have cramping with spotting?

I got a BFP on Friday with CBD (1-2 weeks), faint positive with FRER
Saturday I still had faint positive with FRER
Sunday I had a very faint positive with FRER
Monday I had a very faint positive Clear Blue, went to the doctor & had a neg urine test in the afternoon but it was positive with the morning sample I had
Today FRER is negative but the NHS test (they gave me a few to take home) was a faint positive.

Now I'm spotting & cramping. The spotting is medium spotting, but not quite like a light AF just yet & defintely brown now.

*sigh* trying to cling on to hope here :help:

So got my positive today,AF due today but having cramping the last few days. This is #2, didn't get it with DS and wondered if any of you had it and all turned out fine. Thanks very nervous this time x

I had exactly the same thing and am still getting AF like cramps (just milder) pretty much every day. I try to take it as a good sign that little bean is snuggling in! :hugs:

spotting can be normal- It could be implantation bleeding and shouldn't cause concern unless its bright red or accompanied by extremely painful cramps. My OB said the cramps are so bad you can't move or talk.
kits-I hope everything is okay for you, maybe you're hormones haven't heightened yet. Have you done a blood test yet? Those should dectect better if your hormones are good or if something is wrong.

Ok, cramps aren't anywhere near that bad. They come & go.

Not much I can do now but pray! Thanks for the reply AMB :)

The doctor refused to give me a blood test :grr: I'm in the UK, our NHS doesn't like to run many tests for this kind of thing :finger:

Am considering alternatives though.

Good luck to you too!

Hm that's weird they usually do a blood test just to confirm a pregnancy. But that could just be here in the US. LOL its like our doctors don't believe us so they need to confirm it. I had cramps like that up until about 8 weeks, I haven't had any kind of spotting but if its brown then I wouldn't be too concerned because brown is old blood. Everything I've heard is bright red blood is a cause for concern and if you fill 2 pads within an hour or so.

Yea they should have done, but the doctor sucked! Didn't think I was pregnant because of faint positives :(

Only time will tell I suppose.

That's ridiculous! Most tests say even a faint positive is a positive. I've been a week late before I got pregnant and always got negatives before I started. False positives are so rare.

Thanks everyone, still got mild cramping and had tiny spots on tissue after going to the bathroom! I know that it's 50/50 the outcome and it's very early, so just have to sit it out but it's really upset me x

Hope its all ok for you shells xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->