Got her weighed. Food question

A

AppleBlossom

She hasn't been for a month and being 15lb 11oz last time I thought she will have put loads of weight on, especially as she has been following the 50th centile for a while. But she is only 16lb 8oz and has dropped to the 25th :( the HV said it can happen and not to worry but maybe start giving her more bulky foods like mash or a bit of what I'm cooking as pureed jars tend to be quite watery. I'm just paranoid about her salt intake plus I don't think she is ready for lumpy textures yet but I want her to put more weight on. I haven't got a blender, nor can I afford one. Any suggestions as to what I might be able to give her?

I dont know hun but didnt want to read and run :hugs: xxx

How long is she?

Jasmine was weighed yesterday and is 22.5inches long and 11lbs5oz... and the dr was iimplying she was too heavy for her age. He said they are meant to double their weight by 6 months, and she has already doubled it almost... I didnt think she looked fat either ?

what about rice cereal-the carbs in that may help her along if you give her a little more than you already do (if any) :hug:

Firstly, that's a lovely weight, Caitlyn is only 16lb11 and she's 7 months today. Have you tried toast, maybe with abit of cheese? Will she eat finger foods?

I don't know how long she is, they don't measure her, they just weigh her. But looking at her I wouldn't say she is a long baby

Firstly, that's a lovely weight, Caitlyn is only 16lb11 and she's 7 months today. Have you tried toast, maybe with abit of cheese? Will she eat finger foods?

I think it seems she hasn't put so much on because I was going every other week and she was putting on a pound a weeks sometimess. Now I haven't been for so long. I haven't tried her with toast. She does eat rusks herself though. Can I give her toast at this age? I'm terrified of her choking!

I think it seems she hasn't put so much on because I was going every other week and she was putting on a pound a weeks sometimess. Now I haven't been for so long. I haven't tried her with toast. She does eat rusks herself though. Can I give her toast at this age? I'm terrified of her choking!
yes, you can give her toast...

Toast is fine, she will love it! They nom on it untill it's soft. Finger foods teach them to chew too, even before they have teeth. Mash is fine, it can be really soft and with some cheese for flavour. Parsnips mixed with carrots are good for them to get textures but I don't know if it'll help her weight.

Caitlyn has gone from the 91st percentile to the 25th and she's fine!

Just thought I would say Tescos own blender it was either £4 or £6

Oh good. I assume you butter the toast? She puts anything that goes in her hand straight in her mouth so I don't think that will be a problem

sweet potato might be a good option as well and we just mush that straight from the oven (with a fork). we're poor as pie and it seems to be okay to buy.

Are you sure she's worked it out right, Olivia is teeny weeny (Amy would confirm that like) and she has always been on the 50th percentile line up until recently when shes dropped slightly,

You post got me interested so I thought i'd have a look through her red book and see what weight olivia was around the same age.

I had olivia weighed on 10.06.2008 So Olivia would have been just over 6 months and she weighed 15lb14oz which is less than your little one but the marker is on the 50th percentile line.

Then on 22.07.2008 I had her weighed again and she was 17lb8oz and again the marker is on the 50th line.

The last time that i had her weighed before this week was 18.11.2008 and she was 19lb4oz which she was only just under the 50th line. I just had her weighed this week and shes 19lb9oz and shes now on the 25th. Even though her weight has dropped im not worried. Im gona try and give olivia more diary things like cheese etc to try and bulk her food up abit to try and get her to put a little bit of weight on but im not worried.

Perhaps you could try giving your little one things like cheese in mash, potatoe is a good food as again its quite bulky, if you dont think shes ready for lumpy food have you concidered the pasta stars, They are only very small and if you use more puree than pasta then i dont think it would be too lumpy.

I wouldnt worry or panic too much. Perhaps its just her build, I can 100% say Olivia is not malnourished no matter what the HVs think. Shes always been a wee little dote. Shes tiny, im putting it down to her build, her fathers the same.

Maybe take her to a diff baby clinic and get her weighed as olivia was lighter than that at her age but marked on the 50th

x

I went to see the dietician on monday for Riaz's weight. She's giving him milk with extra calories so that doesn't really help. However she said to add teaspoon of butter to his food, and some cheese, cream etc.

Id def double check weight in red book, as they keep plotting it wrong with Riazs. Wouldn't go to different clinic though as the scales will be different.

Hun I think your HV has made a mistake, this is definitely 50th centile for aged 6 months :) I'd check her little book again, that weight sounds brilliant to me too :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->