Got my metformin!! Ya hooo!!!!!!!!

littlebopeep

Reaction score
Hi girls, ive had my first appointment yesterday with my consultant since my ectopic and he has perscribed metformin for 3 months initally and will then look to clomid, as ive got POCS ive to lose one stone and exercise daily for at least 30mins eat a wholegrain diet with fruit veg ect and only lean meats, ive got to limit salt sugar cafffine and alcohol, just tought id share it with ye is anyone on metformin having bad side effects?:dust::happydance:

Hi

i started on metformin 5 days ago under Dr Shehata the recurrent miscarriage consultant. The first 2 days had really bad stomach pain and a feeling of being hungover in the morning (although hadn't drunk a thing), and didn't think I'd get on well with it. I started 3 days on 500mg and am now on 3 days of 1,000mg then I will move onto 1,500mg. I searched on google and the advice there was to take it in the evening in the middle of dinner, which is working really well, all symptoms have gone and I'm actually feeling better than I did before, more energy and my appetite has reduced.

Hope that helps.

my doctor increased my metformin from 500mg 3x aday to 850mg 2x a day because i just couldnt tolerate the 3x a day, but he felt it was not working as my period has not been restored. ( does nt come at all).
The 850mg is a bit unbearable as well. I get all the side effects that one can get, but it seems to be getting better after i reduced it to 850mg 1x a day till i get uswed to it asnd then introduce the 2x a day gradually. been trying for 5 yrs and I asm becoming desperate as all my friends are having babies whether they waqnt it or not. u know that'unfairness' feeling, which can get very depressing sometimes.
My doctor has refused to add the Clomid as she says I am overweight so I am trying to lose weight.
Unfortunately losing weight has not been easy as i end up comfort eating from sadness(sometimes). The world is not fair sometimes, is it.

Hi girls, thanks for your comments i really hope this works cant wait to be pregnant again will do lots of:sex: this month when i concieved the last time i was exercising every day and had lost 10 lbs that month if its any help my consultant told me that metformin does 40% of the work and a healty diet and exercise will do the rest but i know where your coming from with the comfort eating im the very same, lets hope that they work:dust::dust::kiss:

I've been on metformin for a few years due to type II diabetes - if you're not tolerating it well it might be worth asking about glucophage XL which is modified release metformin. I moved on to that after having problems with cramping and lets just call it intestinal hurry! It really did make a difference and I have had a much easier time with it than I did with ordinary metformin.

Hi

I was on Met for years, came off when told dr was ttc the 1st time ( not lisenced for pg so dr wouldn't prescribe it) got pg in the october and mc in December. Since then my consultant put me back on met and I on it till I am 16 weeks ( in about 5 weeks !! )

I find it's best to take after food - I am on 850mg twice a day ( just as it fits in to my life better ).

Also good to try the low GI diet ( keeps blood sugar on an even keel ).

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"