Got Sent Back to the Hospital Today

A

amjon

Monday night we ended up going to the hospital for labor concerns. They did a NST, checked my cervix, and did the amniotic fluid test and cultures and said all was fine. Today I had an appointment with the OBs office. They took my BP once and got 140/90. I told her this morning it was 117/75 and last night was also low. She decided they needed to evaluate me for pre-e (which I don't really see the need for at this point) and they wanted another NST, even though I told her I had one Monday night. She said they didn't have it, so wanted another one. I asked her why they don't call and get a copy. They still sent me over to the hospital. I got there and got checked in. They hooked the babies up and said they sounded great. They also checked my BP 117/65 and 120/80. She asked why they were drawing blood for the BP labs. I spent about 2 hours there before everything came back and they said I was good to go. I have the 24 hour urine to start in the morning. I'll now be at the hospital every week for a NST as the OBs office can't do them for twins.

Awwww I bet you cant wait to get those precious little babys in your arms and know all is great.. I am feeling that way at the moment.
Happy that everything is great

Awwww I bet you cant wait to get those precious little babys in your arms and know all is great.. I am feeling that way at the moment.
Happy that everything is great

Yes, we can't wait to meet them, but also want them baked enough to not have any issues. I really don't think there was any need for me to go to the hospital today as I did already have the NST on Monday and if they had rechecked my BP I'm sure it would have been fine as by the time I got to the hospital it was perfectly normal. I guess I'd rather they do the tests when they're not needed than not if they are though.

The closer I get the worse my anxiety is for something happening..
totally want them in there as long as possible, they seem to be doing so well.

The closer I get the worse my anxiety is for something happening..
totally want them in there as long as possible, they seem to be doing so well.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm scared when they're in there, but also scared if they come too early. At least they have scheduled my delivery for 37 weeks. I wouldn't want to go any longer. It's hard after you lose one so late. :(

I'm glad everything is well. I'm surprised they made you have another NST since you already had one. I guess they are just being cautious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->