Got slabbered at today by a group of teenagers!!

Mummy_to_be87

Reaction score
Im 26, been with my OH for three years and have a 1 year old daughter, used to work full time, had a nice house, good pram and plenty of nice things and a dog! Im young looking, been told I look about 17 but thats not my fault, I am 26!!

Anyway, was in town today and my OH went to the bank while I went to the post office and I waddled up the street minding my own business when there was a group of teenagers, two of them had prams themselves and as I was walking past they were staring at me and one of them said quite loudly, ''look at that hussy with a baby and pregnant, she is probably a single mum with two different dads for her kids!!'' the rest just sorta agreed and talked amongst themselves!! I was mortified and quickly hurried on past!!

My OH met me and I told him what happened and at first he thought it was quite hilarious but when he seen me annoyed he made me walk past and he was holding onto me and I felt silly, the girls were like ''oh she is with an older guy!!'' My OH is 29 which made me laugh for ages haha!! He did say to them ''mind your own business, Im 29 and she is 26 and we are engaged!!'' They soon shut up ... but I was pretty annoyed!!

Now that Im home I find it a bit funny...I look like a teenager!! :haha:

At least you can see the funny side of it now - though they had no right to judge you at all! bet they were jealous :) I'd definitely take it as a compliment that you look younger too! Xx

Oh I'm sorry I look younger for my age too. People annoying ii prob would of yelled at them haha

Oh I know how you feel I'm 32 but look younger, a few months ago I was in M and S buying a bottle of wine and the assistant demanded to see ID and told me I shouldn't be buying wine in the middle of the day..it was a present for my hairdresser!! I have a 12 and 13 year old and ppl never believe me when I say they're mine and look at me really funny now I'm pregnant with my 3rd, they think it's really weird or I'm making up the other two are mine or something lol!!

I suppose we should take it as a compliment though it won't last forever!! I'll look old and haggered in about two months lol ;)

PMSL, cheeky little buggers!! Wish I got mistaken for a teenager, no chance there tho lol!

My boyfriend is five years younger than I am - one woman thought he was my son - LMAO!!

I was told off by a lady that works at the diagnostics center, she told me I should have stayed in school instead of getting pregnant so young. I told her I'm not as young as I look. She asked well how old are you? 16-18? You should have seen her face when I told her I'm 33 lol!

Some people should mind their own business...

Ok it is funny and flattering because we look young, but if we really were teen moms their comments would be harsh, unfair and disrespectful. It takes a lot of strength to be a teen mom or a single mom, and they deserve lots of support and respect.

Are you from Northern Ireland? It's just you said slabbered and hussy lol. Teenagers really annoy me, cheeky wee f***ers! How dare they degrade you. I'd have said nah love I'm married its your ma you need to have a word with. Lol I look young too. When I had my second child I was in the baby changing room and a woman came in to clean. She admired my daughter and said, you couldn't be very old. She nearly passed out when my seven year old walked in saying mummy mummy lol. Prejudice gets you nowhere eh! x

I'm the same, I'm 24 and my husbands 30, been together 8 years, we both look young and always get dirty looks and silly comments! Never mind eh?!

I bet there the ones that have kids from different dads LOL!, cheeky mares.

Are you from Northern Ireland? It's just you said slabbered and hussy lol. Teenagers really annoy me, cheeky wee f***ers! How dare they degrade you. I'd have said nah love I'm married its your ma you need to have a word with. Lol I look young too. When I had my second child I was in the baby changing room and a woman came in to clean. She admired my daughter and said, you couldn't be very old. She nearly passed out when my seven year old walked in saying mummy mummy lol. Prejudice gets you nowhere eh! x

Haha yes Im from Northern Ireland :haha: I agree people shouldnt comment at all, and I admire all teenagers who do have to put up with this all the time, they are brave :hugs:

He he I knew it! Teenagers are all big mouths until you get them on their own. Think they know it all. The funniest part is you will probably find everything they accused you of is probably the life they know themselves xxx

I'm glad u found it funny later on...and i understand that during it was annoying! I would be annoyed and wouldnt think about how lucky i am to actually be mistaken for a teenager at that moment..

I used to be mistaken for a teenager..hell under 15 (because they would ask me to pay a child's bus fare when i would keep on saying i'm 20!) ..but now at 25 , suddenly, its impossible to be mistaken for a younger age than what i really am!! WHYYYYY! lol i dont know how i aged so much in 5 years..

I'm 22 and must look much younger because when people see my bump they immediately give this face like "oh the poor girl probably had to drop out of high school and all" I was asked for my id at a rated r movie the other day! I understand asking if it was question if I am 21 but I don't think I look 16! Worst part, OH didn't get asked and he's the same age as me! The non pregnant me would've told the teens something but the new hormonal mess of me probably would've ended up crying. Glad you found humor in it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->