Got some very distressing news yesterday

Tinker1983

Reaction score
This last month was my first month taking Clomid, and I honestly didn't expect to get pregnant this time around but I sure as heck didn't expect what the doctor called and told me today. I went in for my progesterone level test today and, probably 15 minutes before I was supposed to go into work I got a call from my doctor. I didn't even ovulate this last month. :cry: I nearly lost it on the phone with the nurse. I was doing very well holding it together until my husband came into the bathroom (I was finishing off my make-up) I lost it then. I can't believe that I didn't even ovulate. What's worse is that I was sure that I had! but the nurse told me I could have mis-read the lines, and that the next set of OPK's that I get should have the little smiley face's since they are easier to read than the ones with the lines. So they are upping my dose of Clomid. All I want to do is crawl hole and cry :cry:

Oh sweetheart, GBH's........... OK firstly DEEP BREATHS. When did u get a POS OPK????? wot CD? Also was ur progesterone taken on CD21????

I'm sorry & I'm sending you lots of :hug: Hopefully the next higher dose of clomid will help to fix the issue!

Oh sweetheart, GBH's........... OK firstly DEEP BREATHS. When did u get a POS OPK????? wot CD? Also was ur progesterone taken on CD21????

Thank you very much:hugs:,and yes it was taken on CD21 which was yesterday since it was like 1am this morning when I posted it my CD21 was on the 6th, and what I thought was a positive OPK was taken on CD14 but I didn't get a positive the next day on CD15, So I'm pretty sure I just wasn't reading it correctly and that it wasn't positive. I guess what bugs me so much about the news is that I was so sure we had it this month. I just knew that we had it, and to find out that I didn't even ovulate idk I almost feel like we should give up.

I'm sorry & I'm sending you lots of :hug: Hopefully the next higher dose of clomid will help to fix the issue!

:hug: thank you and that is what I'm hoping, it helps to work with a girl who is almost through her schooling to becoming a nurse, and a OBGYN's nurse at that, so last night she was a big help while I was at work in telling me that they always start you out on a low dose and just up it until they find the right one for you. also you guys are a big help as well

Don't give up! All these things can be fixed. It's a tough road, but so is parenting. This is just step 1. :hugs:

Keep your chin up. I'd definitely recommend the clear blue digital ovulation tests as easier to read with the smiley face than inaccurate different shades you get on the lh sticks which are so misleading. You can buy them in some Sainsbury's pharmacys.

so sorry to hear this... I hope they can help you with this!

I was advised that, although OPK are useful, they only tell you if you have had a SURGE towards ovulation. Only temping can actually CONFIRM ovulation? I could have misunderstood, and I'm not really great with the understanding of clomid etc etc, so sorry if I'm speaking out of turn.

OPK's have only worked 1 month for me in the past, the rest of the time they have stayed negative, despite 2 BFPs (both losses).

Thank you very much:hugs:,and yes it was taken on CD21 which was yesterday since it was like 1am this morning when I posted it my CD21 was on the 6th, and what I thought was a positive OPK was taken on CD14 but I didn't get a positive the next day on CD15, So I'm pretty sure I just wasn't reading it correctly and that it wasn't positive. I guess what bugs me so much about the news is that I was so sure we had it this month. I just knew that we had it, and to find out that I didn't even ovulate idk I almost feel like we should give up.

If ur bloods weren't taken at 7DPO then it will possibly show that u didn't O sweetie when in fact u did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->