Got stuck in Bed

codegirl

Mom to Big E & little e
Reaction score
This week Sprout dropped. When that happened I began having sever pelvic pain. The pain was so bad that I was hardly able to move, getting in and out of chairs would make me cry and I even ended up using a wheelchair when I was shopping one day! Luckly, I have a massage therapist who is studing to be an osteopath. She diagnosted my problem to be a problem with the pubic symphysis and was able to do an ajustment/massage and has fixed the problem (mostly).

I say that I'm fixed mostly cause I had a HORRIBLE experience last night. I got stuck in bed and had to pee!!! By the time DH heard me yelling for him I was crying and could hardly make myself understood. :cry: Luckly he was able to help me turn over and then lifted me out of bed so that I could make it to the bathroom in time (barely). As soon as I pee'd the pain left so I think that my overfull bladder was pressing on Sprout, who in turn was pressing on my sore pelvis.

Who knew that such a small area could cause so much pain.

I would encourage any of you ladies that are having serious issues with your pubic symphysis (specificly SPD) to try and search out an osteopath that does manipulations. What a difference only one appointment has made.

:hugs: xxx

Sounds horrific x I've had a bit of mild spd but nowhere near as bad as what you're describing. Glad you've found someone who has helped.

:hug:

SPD is horrible - I have had it bad since about 32 weeks. I can't afford to get any private treatment, and although my mw was happy to refer me for NHS physio, the first time they could fit me in was the week after Xmas.....so, like, a week before my LO is due. Pointless having it at that stage!!!!

I've got stuck in bed many times, and often get stuck if I've been lying on the sofa........my OH is used to having to hoist me up now!!!! :rofl:

Only had mild SPD myself this time, but I remember way back with my first it was murder!. :hug:

Trying to get up off anything is the least of my problems these days..HAHA, I cant sneeze, cough, laugh or shout anyone without wetting myself. Normally not a problem, but being due and suffering from a damn cold I'm now well aquainted with the Tenna lady's!:dohh:

Oh no!! I can't imagine what it's like to have spd!! I hope you are feeling alright hun! :hug:

Only had mild SPD myself this time, but I remember way back with my first it was murder!. :hug:

Trying to get up off anything is the least of my problems these days..HAHA, I cant sneeze, cough, laugh or shout anyone without wetting myself. Normally not a problem, but being due and suffering from a damn cold I'm now well aquainted with the Tenna lady's!:dohh:

I've been dealing with the "wetting" problem for a few weeks now. It was the big reason that I'm off work. Work isn't so understanding and the Dr. agreed that wetting myself in that enviorment wasn't a great idea at all. At least at home or if I'm just out and about I can go home and change if the pad doesn't catch it all.

Hopefully the LOs come soon :)

NHS physio is useless. They gave me a belt thing that is 10 sizes too big and gave me 'exercises'. Basically told me everything I already knew. + I hope your SPD stays away, mine is getting worse and worse :(

I've been dealing with the "wetting" problem for a few weeks now. It was the big reason that I'm off work. Work isn't so understanding and the Dr. agreed that wetting myself in that enviorment wasn't a great idea at all. At least at home or if I'm just out and about I can go home and change if the pad doesn't catch it all.

Hopefully the LOs come soon :)

I'm seriously eyeing up the pull up nappies for myself these days.:dohh:

I think I have SPD but my midwife just tells me the pain is cause of pregnancy blah blah take tylenol... I get in SOOOOO much pain, I am hate rolling over in bed cause all my joints in my pelvic area pop and grind it hurts sooo bad. I get stuck in bed EVERYDAY cause i hurt so bad and cant move :( I walk and all i hear is "pop" it really sucks Ive had this since about 15wks so ive been dealing with it for a while now it just seems to get so much worse! But midwife wont listen to me so i have to deal with it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->