Got the mirena today...

cbass929

Mommy of 3 <3
Reaction score
And having very mixed emotions about it and I don't know why ...

This is my first IUD. I haven't been on BC in 6 years. We always used the pull out method when not trying to get pregnant.
But 3 is all we can handle and my body wouldn't make it through another pregnancy so Dallas was our last and I think that is what is maybe getting to me... :shrug:

I'm very crampy and just sorta out of it which is to be expected.

Pointless ... I know ...

thanks for sharing! Once this baby arrives and im into PP time long enough, i will be getting the mirena as well. We cannot handle more than three children either :nope: and given my medical issues i really probably shouldn't have even had this one :blush: so i really can't get pregnant again. I have super heavy and painful periods (when i do get them, never have whilist BFing though), and that the biggest reason i want to get it, but of course we def do not want anymore babies!

How has it been so far? I know it hasnt been long but im constantly reading up on others experience with an IUD. Im nervous about getting it, which is rediculous since ive given birth twice without meds :blush: ...something about the idea of something being shoved in the wrong direction freaks me out! But i know the Mirena is going to be extremly helpful. Do you have any advice for insertion/fitting? What was the pain like when they put it in? And the pain afterwords? Im more worried about getting the fitting and insertion bc i have tipped uterus so im afraid it will cause issues with going in and being accepted. My OBGYN said she has delt with tipped uterus frequently and hasnt had issues but i just worry since i know there is more of an increased risk with it taking more to get it in than with a non tipped uterus.

I was very very nervous about getting it. It wasn't painful just some mild cramping when they put it in. I've had it in for about a week and a half and there's no difference in eating habits, sex drive, weight not to that sort yet. So far I'm loving it!!
Best part if it is I don't have to remember to take it everyday! Not to mention I got it put in the second day of my second period dice having LO and my period ended up becoming lighter the next couple days afterwards. My dr herself has one and says after a year she hasn't had a period! Can't wait for that!! :)
If anything changes I will update you.
DH can't feel it not can I during sex. I was slightly tender for a few days but I honestly think that may have been more because I was cramping so bad from my period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->