Got the potty, Now what's next ?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by mylittlebubs, Dec 20, 2009.

1. mylittlebubs

mylittlebubs Well-Known Member

We just bought a potty for Lincoln an hour ago :blush: And I just tried to get him to sit on it after I took his nappy off...
    He likes to play with it though :dohh: He sits for 2 seconds then turns round and stands inside the potty and started dancing :dohh:

How do/did you start ?
    I know i can't expect it to happen right away ,but....do you have to wait until your lo shows any signs

2. luckyme225

luckyme225 Well-Known Member

Connor thought his potty was a toy at first. Then he started sitting on it whenever we went to the bathroom. Maybe get your LO a potty training video.

3. divadexie

divadexie Well-Known Member

I kept getting my son to sit on his, and he never did anything but a few times I sneaked in a little water while he was getting off and made a Huuuge deal out of it, then let him stick a star onto a sheet.
    He soon started to pick it up.
    I also let him run about the kitchen with no nappy on, as it was laminate, and if he weed I put him on the potty and encouraged him.

Don't give sweeties or it will get into a bad habit, but I know alot of people who have had good success with stickers :)