Got the wrong due date??

Geo2

Reaction score
Hello, I have always been interested why the tickers here on my signature are about a week behind what my midwife has been tracking. In curiosity Ive just looked up a due date calculator based on LMP, and its came out with the date: 8 Jan, when my midwife has the 3rd Jan on her record! Surely there's some mistake??

They go with your lmp to start with and then give you a due date based on your 12week scan x

Yes, the scan date is more accurate as LMP is based on the assumption that you ovulated exactly on day 14 of your cycle (most women don't). The dating scan looks at the actual age of your baby and can calculate a more accurate due date.

Ok lol, I'm officially overdue! again lol¬!

Yup, it's based on your scan. My dates are a day ahead of what the scan says apparently but last baby was 12 days late so I'm paying little attention to the due date this time round!

Thanks but I remember since my first appointment, before any scan that they estimated my due date as the 3rd Jan, and was only confirmed at the scan that that was still the date, I'm pretty sure of this but I'll just double check my notes here.....
If theres only a weeks dfference between the 2 dates surely there cant be much difference in babys size or development as reference to scans?
My last dd was overdue by 2 weeks exactly, according to EDD, and she was still quite small at 6 1/2 pounds.
I'll mention it to MW next visit anyway.

The scans are most accurate at dating in the first trimester. After that other factors come into play such as race, family traits or health issues.
Ultimately, babies don't follow the 'rules' and only a small percentage are born on their actual due date. Hopefully, your baby won't keep you waiting for much longer :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->