Got to love surestart centres!!

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
For a number of reasons.... not least because they have just given my dad a job after he was made redundant at the age of 52 and we thought that was him on the scrap heap!!

Seriously I went to look round one last week and loved it, they do free swimming lessons for babies, lunch clubs, hanging out groups, baby massge, music etc.... Anyway, I went down today to the drop in clinic and had a good chin wag with other mums and Chloe enjoyed seeing the other babies and the woman that showed me round called me over.

She said she remembered me saying that I wanted to do some signing with Chloe so she had got me some details of a singing and signing group for babies and she remembered me saying I have a degree in education and music, she has spoken to someone who runs baby and toddler music groups and she is keen to see if I can get involved with it!

Its so great, these people really are there for us as well, I need to start looking for a job after christmas and, with my degree and nvq childcare I'm seriously considering something like one of the centres.

If anyone has one locally andhasnt been yet please go and have a look round. They are fantastic places, and free, and seem very keen on helping out parents and make lovely cups of tea. Honestly, I cant praise mine enough at the moment.

ones opened just near me what do i do just turn up and be nosy?

That sounds promisiing...iv never heard anything positive said anything about these centres...Glad you enjoyed yourself hun xx

ones opened just near me what do i do just turn up and be nosy?

yeah I just went last week and they showed me round told me what they did when made me a cuppa! They do hv and mw drop ins and grops for pregnant women too

Our sure start centre is great aswell. My son went to the nursery there when he was younger and he loved it.

At our centre you can ring or drop in and they give you a time table of what happens on what day. We have to book the baby classes as there are limited places but you can just turn up for the mothers group and breastfeeding group.

Our centre also has a toy library, which is fab.

My MW sent me to mine for an info pack on what the do....i got freebie's too!! A toiletary bag with some bits in!!

Sounds like a fantastic place I wish we had something like that that was all together.

sounds wonderful honey, so so pleased for you, i'm going to see if we have one close by :hugs: x x x

A Sure Start Adviser came to my home to tell me what they offer. Just working up the courage to go, i'm slightly shy when it come to meeting new people. She gave me a goody bag as well with stuff in for Jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->