Gotta have gallbladder removed. :(

miss h

Reaction score
I am starting to get really worried now :wacko:

When I was around 30 weeks pregnant with Jessica I started to get what is known as Gallbladder "Attacks". Absolutley awful pain in the tummy and chest. This continued after her birth so I had an ultrasound and they found gallstones. Doc thinks it was probably caused by the pregnancy.

At first I was relieved as I had an answer to what was causing the pain and knew that the op to remove the gallbladder is very common. I got my appointment to see the consultant on 1st august and now I am pooing my pants. :cry:

This appointment is to go through my surgical options and to start doing the relevant tests.... run of the mill stuff, which in itself is not bothering me. It's the recovery after the surgery and dealing with a baby under a year (assuming I get the surgery before next year). Not a happy bunny:nope:

Has anyone else had their gallbladder removed??? How long did it take for you to feel well again?

Im having mine removed, I'm currently on the waiting list and should have it done by October! they also flagged up my file for any cancellations because of having the baby! the surgeon I met with said ill be in and out the same day, or a one night stay at the most and he said ill be fine looking after bobby like normal (dont think he quite understands what looking after a baby involves) my auntie had the op a few years ago and she said I will probs need someone with me in the first few weeks, so my OH, Mum and MIL are going to take some time off between them.

have you got anyone that could maybe do this?

I had mine done in 2007 by keyhole and recovered totally fine in a couple of days. If you have it done by keyhole then you will be fine in such a short time. It's no big deal at all. I was back at work after 1 week and horse riding after 2. The only advice I would give you is to really watch the fatty stuff you eat afterwards.. you may find it either goes straight through you or make you sick.

I've had mine removed and they did it keyhole.

Was fine after a few days. x

cheers ladies - that has made me feel a little better. I have heard that about fats which, in my case, can only be a good thing coz I have to loose weight anyway. I have changed my diet as fatty foods trigger attacks so this should help me stay on a healthier diet. I was worried about my LO more than anything.

Hey lovely, Oh those attacks are so painful :( I was hospitilised with pancreatitis when my son was 5 weeks old, it was awful. I was put on the list straight away to have my gallbladder and roughly 3 months later I had the op. From the time I went into hospital until my op, I was really careful with what I ate - made sure I had only low fat food and I lost a load of weight, which was great as I really needed to.

I was absolutely petrified about the op, I knew it was for the best but I had never had an op before and I kept thinking I'd not wake up and wouldn't see my baby boy every again! It was awful, I can't believe how scared I was! However, the op went really well, keyhole surgery. I was out the same day and my husband had about a week and a half off just to let me recover and look after my son. He probably didn't need that long off but we always err on the side of caution in everything we do!!

I felt really well, really quickly, surprisingly quickly.

The only downside to the surgery I would say, is that I quickly made up for all the bad food I had missed before the op and have gained the weight I lost :(

Hi, I was on the waiting list for 9 months before i saw the consultant in the mentime i got pregnant again ... with twins. so when i saw the consultant he said come back when id had the babies.

However had some really bad attacks in this pregnancy, ended up in hospital where they told me they couldnt operate due to risk of termination of the pregnancy, however it turned to pancreatitis. I had to have surgery then no matter the risk, so at 17 weeks pregnant with twins i had my gallbladder removed. They had to do it within a week of my pancreatitis or else id be too far gone and id need to have more risky open surgery.

So I had the surgery gone keyhole after being mega ill, it was done via keyhole on the monday betweet 2 - 5:30 (i was much longer than the avaerage 30 minutes) and had no pain at all, was sick that night but other than that fine, i was out the next morning by 11am! I was sore for a few days, made worse by the pregnancy, but really was fine, totally nothing to worry about.

No problems since, no pain or anything, glad its done! :D hopfully there will be no ill effects to the pregnancy.

Good luck hun, hope it happens quick and all goes smoothly. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->