Gracelynn Elizabeth's birth story

L

Leah_xx

So its so late her. Alot of things i had to refill in cause i drew a blank due to the medicine. Well how I expected the birth of Gracelynn to go wasn't what I had in my mind planned out. But hey who says things go as plan.

My day started off at 8 A.M. on Thursday October 7th. I had gotten up to get a shower cause I had my 37 week Appointment to check and see if I had dialated or anything. Well I got in the shower and contractions had started. They went from about 5 mins to 2 mins from the time i left my house to my doctors appointment which was oh about 20 mins. So I sit in the waiting room with my mom for about a hour and the contractions kept on coming like no other. and i just knew something was up that day.Finally I go back to the room. Im weighed, urine tested, and everything else. So my doctor comes in checks me and says "your only 1cm dialated, your cervix is high and still thick." He didnt like the way things were looking and my blood sugars were all over the place.

12:30
So i get sent over to the hospital cause my blood pressure was high and i had major swollen feet.So they hook me up, do a NST, draw blood and everything, meanwhile im still having contractions and was in labor. They had me hooked up and monitored. Everything was going good besides the fact i was only 1cm dialated. well that had been that way for almost 2 weeks. They believe i would of never been able to have gracelynn naturally

But then the unexpected happens to. Gracie's heart rate dropped dangerously low. 4 nurses come rushing in to get it to come back up. Well thankfully they got it to come back up. Well one nurse stays behind and we told her this had happen twice before when was here. so she went and got the head nurse, she looked at the screen and left the room. Well i didnt know that they had gone and gotten my doctor.

1:30- 5:30..My doctor comes in and says he doesnt want to take the chance and risk losing my baby, so he went on and told me about another girl that came in with the same problem but she wasnt his patient well he delievered her baby and he was born asleep so I was scheduled for a C-section that day after other 3 were to be done. He said if her heart rate dropped again i would be rushed in before anyother one to get her out. Talk about scary. He said it was weird her heart rate dipping that way and i will tell you at the end why and didnt like how it was dipping for a 37 week baby. So as soon as he left we called my OH and he didnt answer cause he was taking as he puts it the biggest anatomy test of the year. We called his dad and he was on his way out of the door to get my OH, Jake(OH) called me back and asked what was wrong and i told him straight forward i was having a c-section and he hung up. So my mom called my dad and grandma and told them what was going on. Jake got to the hospital in 45 mins and thats how far away the college is, so his dad pretty much sped pretty fast.About a half hour later my grandma, dad and little sister showed up. I had to get my blood drawn, a catheter put in and everything ready. They gave me this nasty syrup stuff so it would help with nasuea.

At 6 o'clock i was taken into the operating room to have my C-section. They got me all ready, preped and spinal tap in. which felt just like someone scratched my back and they laid me down and at 6:30pm they got jacob. The doctor wanted to get her out because right before i got unhooked her heart rate dipped. As they were bringing him they had my stomach being pulled apart. 6:31pm The surgery began and 3 minutes later at 6:34pm Gracelynn Elizabeth was born. Weighing 6 lbs 9.7 ozs and was 21 1/2 inches long. She didnt scream cry nothing, i was so worried. Finally they got her to cry for us. They brought her over to OH to hold. She was the most perfect baby I had ever saw. She sneezed about 6 times though which was funny. They quickley took her away to the nursery, thats when i knew something wasn't right. Well turns out her umbilical cord was flat in 2 spots, did a complete 180 and was coiled very weirdly. It was sent out and it came back that it wasn't genetic.

Gracelynn stayed in the transistion nursery for 4 1/2 days. She was hooked up to oxygen the 1st night and was taken off later that day when i actually got to hold her. She was hooked up to alot of machines and it broke my heart to see her like that. Breastfeeding didnt happen for me, she had trouble latching on and the nurse gave her a bottle.

My wound did hurt and i was in a lot of pain the first week but it got better over time and now i get occasional twings. My hospital stay wasn;t the greatest. I got moved 4 times and once was at 1am !!

Sorry its so long.

Attachments

• 211.jpg
    211.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 213.jpg
    213.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 28
1st- the day gracelynn was born 10/07/10
2nd- when i got to finally hold her 10/08/10 wayy in the afternoon
3rd- when we got home 10/11/10.

Attachments

• hos1.jpg
    hos1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 29
  • hos4.jpg
    hos4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 35
  • mommy and gracie.jpg
    mommy and gracie.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 37
congrats hun, glad to hear your little girl was born safely :hugs:

Congratulations! She is lovely, so glad she arrived safely. Lots of happy years to come.

I hope the wound wasnt too painful as this is very likely what I will be having when pg :(

CONGRATS AGAIN!!

x

Thanks!!
The 1st few days it was but after that i was fine

Can't believe my baby girl is going to be 14 months old in 5 months!!!
Time sure does fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->