Grapefruit juice, pom juice, robitussin, brazil nuts, pineapple core....need I go on!

lucy1

Mother of 1
Reaction score
I have spent hours and could probably spend hours more researching little 'tips and tricks' for conceiving and as I'm patiently awaiting AF due on Saturday (I'm 99.9% sure I haven't conceived this cycle) I thought now would be a good time to find out what everyone else is doing!

Are you trying any of the above? I've also ordered some progesterone cream (I have unexplained recurrent mc) to try.

More importantly, if you have been pregnant before from doing something different, what was it that worked?

I only drank grapefruit juice leading up to O when I got pregnant with my two boys. I've done it this cycle as well but I haven't tested yet. That's the only thing I ever did :)

I have spent hours and could probably spend hours more researching little 'tips and tricks' for conceiving and as I'm patiently awaiting AF due on Saturday (I'm 99.9% sure I haven't conceived this cycle) I thought now would be a good time to find out what everyone else is doing!

Are you trying any of the above? I've also ordered some progesterone cream (I have unexplained recurrent mc) to try.

More importantly, if you have been pregnant before from doing something different, what was it that worked?

no idea. no help here. just following as i need tips too! good luck to you

I have had a few miscarriages too then found out I had 40 cysts on each ovary lol. It should make it hard to conceive but not so much cause miscarriages. My progesterone level is low so I think it has to do with immature ovulation. My DR gave me clomid to try and I just got my positive OPK today so lets see how this goes! You could try the soy iso, I've been seeing that is pretty popular.

Well I've bought my supplies!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 8
The things that I took/did when I got a BFP with my son was... Taking prenatal vitamins, B6, Omega-3, drank LOTS of water, ate at least one salad per day, and at the time I was walking to work (a total of 30 minutes per day). At the time of conception however, we were on our honeymoon in Italy and Paris. So I was eating A LOT of fresh foods like pasta and tomato based sauces, caprese salads (tomato and mozzarella salad topped with balsamic vinaigrette), as well as their amazing wine ;)

I tried a lot of different things while ttc. I tried the pineapple core, musinex, preseed, soft cups...I was even on antibiotics for one cycle. I know I shouldn't say this, but the cycle I conceived I ovulated at the beginning of the week, and got pretty drunk that weekend. Of course this terrified me. Why on the one cycle I say F-it do I get pregnant. I told my midwife about my slip up and she said don't worry about it, just don't do it anymore. (duh) She also joked that alcohol is a blood thinner, which might make it easier for the egg to implant. Now of course NOBODY would recommend this. I won't say that it helped me in anyway either, because again, it's nuts. But I do find the whole thinner blood/easier implantation thing to be interesting. I did read somewhere that taking an aspirin (if you are not allergic) post ovulation has the same effect. I was leery to try that though because aspirin can be dangerous to a developing embryo.

HAHAHHAA that's amazing mychelle4!

I'm pretty sure I've done that a few times also so maybe there's something in it! I'm being tested for blood disorders right now and have been told the treatment will be heparin and baby aspirin so there is some truth in it

Ok I read up on it today and will try the pineapple core. I did read that leading up to O. Don't eat it as it's acidic to sperm. And also not to eat after you do the first five days or so as it is sometimes thought to cause mc. So. Be wary of over doing it.

Ok I read up on it today and will try the pineapple core. I did read that leading up to O. Don't eat it as it's acidic to sperm. And also not to eat after you do the first five days or so as it is sometimes thought to cause mc. So. Be wary of over doing it.

Yeah that's what I read! I think what seems to be the most practical is to slice a whole pineapple into 5, core and flesh, and eat one slice a day.

I use OPKs so I count the day after that as O day and the day after that as 1dpo so will be doing it 1-5dpo.

Yeah that's what I read! I think what seems to be the most practical is to slice a whole pineapple into 5, core and flesh, and eat one slice a day.

I use OPKs so I count the day after that as O day and the day after that as 1dpo so will be doing it 1-5dpo.

I'm five days ahead of you so, maybe I can tell you if it helped me or not. Fx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->