Grapefruit juice to increase CM, has it worked for you?

live_in_hope

VR miracle Mummy now TTC 3rd (not VR)
Reaction score
hey ladies :wave:

Just wondered for those of you drinking a glass a day, whether it has increased your fertile cm? I know it can effect prescribed meds, but has it affected any vits, mins and supplements that your on? Thanks xx

I've gotten pregnant every time I have done the grapefruit thing, currently 5dpo on the first cycle using it this time. I totally believe it does something.

oh wow! THats great to hear! Bottoms up then! :thumbup: xx

Didn't work for me. But almost anyone else I ask has positive things to say. Try it! :)

ah I wonder why? :shrug: im pretty sure i have low progesterone (will find out in a couple of weeks) and so it may not work for me coz it may increase cm but its no good if i have low progesterone :dohh: i'll try anyway xx

Hi so whats the grapefruit juice for, just to increase fertile cm? And when do u start & stop drinking it or is it safe t drink through whole cycle thanks x

from what ive read you should start at least a week before ovulation, i think you can carry on drinking it.... Theres always a warning not to drink if you're taking presribed medication as it can affect its effectiveness xx

thankyou! Im going to do what you did, as you seem to have great results! :winkwink: xx

wishing us 'grapefruit guzzlers' the best of luck for this cycle! :thumbup: xx

Thanks ladies 1dpo nw but wil definitely try next cycle x

I've had luck with it increAsing cm. I took it 2 cycles ago and bfn. I took it when ttc dd and from af-o it was bfn, but the cycle I took it just during fertile time, like o-3 to o I got a bfp! Will try again just during o this cycle!!

I'm taking Femara. Does anyone know if it's a bad idea to try drinking grapefruit juice everyday? Will it prevent the Femara from working?

I've had luck with it increAsing cm. I took it 2 cycles ago and bfn. I took it when ttc dd and from af-o it was bfn, but the cycle I took it just during fertile time, like o-3 to o I got a bfp! Will try again just during o this cycle!!

ooh thats interesting :thumbup: did you do anything else different or was it just the grapefruit consumption that was different? I only started drinking it friday on cd 14 but i wont ov until cd20-24 so theres still plenty of time. Xxx

I'm taking Femara. Does anyone know if it's a bad idea to try drinking grapefruit juice everyday? Will it prevent the Femara from working?

hey, I dont know Im afraid, I asked this in an earlier thread, not about femara itself but about prenatals and the supplements im on...I didnt really get a clear answer or from google either :shrug: xx

hey :wave: hows it going ladies? Ive been drinking it now for 5days and it hasnt increased my cm....infact, im virtually dry! :shock: i have a minimal amount of cm, the worst month yet :cry: i always used to get ewcm from cd16 all the way until cd23 when i ovd...im cd18 with very little cm and no ewcm....but im pretty sure i have a progesterone defiency (my diagnosis) lol...so if thats the case, then I doubt the grapefruit juice would help :shrug: BeautifulD how much do you drink? Ive been having half a pint a morning...im fit to burst before i leave the house. I have a cuppa then a glass of water with all my tabs, then a glass of grapefruit juice, :dohh: lol...my pee is flurecent :haha: lol x

I just drink a glass with my breakfast in the morning :thumbup: but then I start at cd1, just out of interest if you get ewcm why are you drinking it?

I don't get any at all and thats why I drink it.

My motto is 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' after all our bodies are sensitive and it could have had theopposite effect?

If it dried up before then maybe its a estrogen issue which is why you ov late? I'm no Dr, just throwing a few things out there :) xx

ooh thats interesting :thumbup: did you do anything else different or was it just the grapefruit consumption that was different? I only started drinking it friday on cd 14 but i wont ov until cd20-24 so theres still plenty of time. Xxx

hey, I dont know Im afraid, I asked this in an earlier thread, not about femara itself but about prenatals and the supplements im on...I didnt really get a clear answer or from google either :shrug: xx

I had done a couple things differently that cycle- I took geritol and fertilecm, and I was on my third month of royal jelly. Intersting about it drying you up. I have been taking mucinex to increase cm and also did the grapefruit juice and fertile cm last cycle and I have been dryer than ever these cycles. I decided to stop the mucinex and fertilecm and see if I can get back to normal. For progesterone problem have you tried 100mg of b6? THey also sell over the counter progesterone cream- the one I like is elmerita progest. Grapefruit juices supposedly enhances estrogen, so it's possible that if you are lower in progesterone, enhancing estrogen may not be the best thing for you. It's always so hard to say because dr's don't talk to us about things like grapefruit juice...but I always try something for a couple months and then switch if it isn't working for me! This month I am trying baby carrots for ewcm!

I just drink a glass with my breakfast in the morning :thumbup: but then I start at cd1, just out of interest if you get ewcm why are you drinking it?

I don't get any at all and thats why I drink it.

My motto is 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' after all our bodies are sensitive and it could have had theopposite effect?

If it dried up before then maybe its a estrogen issue which is why you ov late? I'm no Dr, just throwing a few things out there :) xx

you're probably right actually, To me the very little i get now, is virtually nothing in comparison to the copious amount I used to get, so i figured i had a prob... I always ov cd23/24 (well when i started charting before my first pregnancy in 2010 and also a pregnancy last year) so that was normal for me..i got a shock last month when i ovd cd20! Last month i noticed my cm was decreasing...this month...hardly any...and i have recorded ewcm today as i had nothing in my underwear which is how i usually check, so i checked internally and it was ewcm. I have never had to check internally before, due to there being so much in my underwear... I have a blood test next fri to check hormone levels so we'll see what that shows...should i stop the grapefruit juice then dya reckon? :shrug:

I had done a couple things differently that cycle- I took geritol and fertilecm, and I was on my third month of royal jelly. Intersting about it drying you up. I have been taking mucinex to increase cm and also did the grapefruit juice and fertile cm last cycle and I have been dryer than ever these cycles. I decided to stop the mucinex and fertilecm and see if I can get back to normal. For progesterone problem have you tried 100mg of b6? THey also sell over the counter progesterone cream- the one I like is elmerita progest. Grapefruit juices supposedly enhances estrogen, so it's possible that if you are lower in progesterone, enhancing estrogen may not be the best thing for you. It's always so hard to say because dr's don't talk to us about things like grapefruit juice...but I always try something for a couple months and then switch if it isn't working for me! This month I am trying baby carrots for ewcm!

im on a vit b complex and i take 50mg a day so that will have b6 in it. I would like to get the cream but im due a blood test next fri to check progesterone levels so i wouldnt want to interfere with the blood test incase it isnt that that is the prob...although it sound like it is... I didnt know g.fruit juice had estrogen in it...perhaps not the best then...how will i know if i have too much estrogen? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->