Grapefruit Juice

Dogtanian

Reaction score
Im now on cycle 7 of TTC,and was thinking of giving Grapefruit Juice a go.

Has anyone had good experiences with it? was wondering when i start drinking it and for how long in my cycle and also how much per day?

Ive read through the info on the forum but just wondered if anyone else had anything to add.

:dust:

Bump!! I'd like to know this too

what is it supposed to do, i never heard of it before, it tastes nasty ewwww, but if it helps i'll give it a go lol xx

this is what i found .....

Grapefruit Juice: There seems to be lots of speculation on this tip. Some women swear it is one of the best tips for getting pregnant and others not so much. There also seems to be some missing data and studies that would either confirm or refute the viability of using grapefruit juice to increase chances of conceiving.

However, grapefruit juice may slow down metabolism of estrogen (estradiol) leading to increased levels in the blood. Estrogen is one of the things indirectly responsible for increased fertile EWCM (egg white cervical mucus) just before and during ovulation among other things such as the development of the endometrial lining which accepts and nourishes the embryo at implantation.

I do know one thing; it can not hurt you. If all it does is help increase your fluid intake for hydration, then good enough. It may also increase the quantity and quality of your mucus and increase the thickness and nourishing qualities of the uterine lining, and so on. Try it, it just might work for you. Plus, when you drink it, it can help with pH balance of your vagina. pH balance is necessary for the survival of sperm.

You should be sure to get the all-natural, not-from-concentrate form and drink about 4 to 5 glasses a day for about a week before you expect to ovulate.

Lemon Juice: Add some lemon juice to your tea or just add some to a cup of hot water each morning. A great tip for getting pregnant. This juice can help with the pH balance of your vagina making it more alkaline. PH balance is important if sperm are to survive the trip through your vaginal canal. An acidic environment is hostile to sperm and can kill them.

Your body naturally prepares for this, as your vagina is normally more acidic than it is alkaline. As you near ovulation fertile quality cervical mucus helps to tone down the acids making it more environmentally friendly to sperm making it more alkaline. But sometimes, our mucus isn't as abundant as it needs to be. Your body uses lemon juice to help make the vagina less acidic and more alkaline. And any help you can give it is all for the good.

Guaifenesin: Cold relieving products that contain this ingredient, such as Mucinex and Robitussin, can help to thin your cervical mucus. Thinner mucus is needed in order for the sperm to swim up through the cervix. If your fluids are too thick it blocks sperm from getting where they need to go.

Note: Make sure that guaifenesin is the only active ingredient in the cold remedy that you choose. Some other active ingredients that are in some cold medicines can actually dry up mucus.

Think about it. This is the ingredient that thins and breaks up bronchial mucus (phlegm) to make coughs more productive. It works the same way with cervical mucus. Take it orally as directed on the package for about 5 to 6 days before ovulation.

Evening Primrose Oil (EPO): Again, cervical mucus is most important to conceiving for transporting and nourishing sperm. Evening primrose oil (EPO) helps to increase the quantity and quality of your cervical fluids. Taken orally.

Drink Lots of Water: Drink plenty of water. At least 8 to 10 glasses a day. I can't stress this enough, this is one of the best tips for getting pregnant faster. Being thoroughly hydrated makes your whole body function most optimally, let alone your reproductive and endocrine systems. Hydration also increases your cervical mucus, which is vital to getting pregnant. Water just makes everything work better so drink up.

I have taken grapefruit juice (from CD10) and EPO (from CD1) and I have had loads of EWCM so I swear by them xxx

as much as i hate it, i'm getting some lol xxx

Ive always liked grapefruit juice but this week eughh!!! had enough of the stuff xxx

Hello!
Good thread! hate grapefruit juice tho!!!!! yukkkkkkkkkk! think I will try the lemon juice tip tho!
GL everyone!x

I swear by grapefruit juice too!!! Definitely noticed an increase in ewcm :D I agree it's awful but I find it helps to heat some honey and mix it in. Takes the edge off. Somebody else suggested drinking it through a straw but I haven't tried that yet. I drink a cup a day until ov - can't stomach it for the 2ww! I also take 3000mg EPO from af to ov...
:dust:

Gettingbroody, was it you that posted the other thread about pink vs regular grapefruit juice? If so, did you come to any conclusions?

I drank a lot of pink grapefruit juice for two cycles but didn't notice any increase in EWCM.
I think I might try the regular stuff to see if that helps at all.

Yeah that was me! :D Saw about the same amount of ewcm this month on the pink stuff as i did last month on the regular... Will probably stick with the pink next cycle (unless I get a bfp this time!) :dust: to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->