• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Grapefruite juice and Ov

PG5K

Mom to Alice and Dylan
Reaction score
I have been drinking grapefruit juice this cycle to try and increase my ewcm as i didnt seem to notice any last month... and it seems to be working!

Last night and this morning i have lots of ewcm but i am only on cd10.

Is it possible to be just about to ovulate this early? I normally ov on CD14ish.

How long before you actually ovulate do you normally get ewcm? When i got my bfp last time it was the day before.
I heard somewhere that grapefruit juice can bring forward your ovulation but i dont know whether this is what is happening.

I got a -ive opk last night so i am going to do another today. I do have low down achy feeling like ovulation.

Going to BD tonight just in case.

Sometimes i get EWCM a few days after AF and then again a few days after so I really can't help you out..

I just started trying the grapefruit juice this cycle because I did not notice any last cycle as well. I am on CD 8 so I havent really noticed anything yet. I have also heard it may move up Ov date. I hope thats true because I Oved no CD 24 last month. How much are you drinking?

I have a 0.25l cup a day. I'm not sure what that converts into.
I thought it would be vile but I find it quite refreshing. I started the day after af finished.

I don't know if it a coincidence but I have also lost my appetite the last couple of days. I feel like I have to force myself to eat.

I lost my appetite around ovulation this cycle too! Good luck x

I'm pretty sure that grapefruit juice delayed my ovulation, even though it did give me EWCM. This doesn't seem to be the case for most people. Either it moves O up a bit, or doesn't change it. How are you tracking ovulation?

The appetite thing -- Grapefruit is supposed to be a weightloss food because it suppresses the appetite or something. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but that could be why you don't have as much of an appetite.

I'm pretty sure that grapefruit juice delayed my ovulation, even though it did give me EWCM. This doesn't seem to be the case for most people. Either it moves O up a bit, or doesn't change it. How are you tracking ovulation?

The appetite thing -- Grapefruit is supposed to be a weightloss food because it suppresses the appetite or something. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but that could be why you don't have as much of an appetite.
I usually track ewcm and opk tests.

I don't think temping would work for me as I'm a very bad sleepwalker! It's very rare I sleep well.

My might explain my lack of hunger..hopefully I might loose a bit of weight too. it couldn't hurt. :)

I've just started with grapefruit juice too...can't say I like it that much!! Does anyone know if you need to take it the whole cycle or can you stop after ov?

I don't get much ewcm either but read that it is usual to get ewcm a few days before and the day of ov. So you could still be on track for a day 14 ov.

DH used to be a personal trainer and nutritionist, he says it's the pectin in it, which is some type of fibre that fills you up and it also helps to balance blood sugar levels. If you want it to help with weight loss (which I do!!) he said it's best to drink it first thing in the morning before you eat :)

Got a +ive opk yesterday at cd11! I don't know if it is fluke or the grapefruit juice but I've definitely ov'd early.

I've been drinking about an 8 oz cup a day and I also drink another 8oz with my wheatgrass mixed in. Do you think that's enough to increase EWCM?

And I've been drinking it for a week now, while still in my 2WW from last cycle and thought I'd just continue with it everyday ( I like it) Do you think that's too often?

From what I've read there isn't any harm in drinking it at any time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"