Graze still bleeding 2 weeks after birth

burrr

Reaction score
I had a episiotomy due to forceps delivery, which was stitched up though a little bit is apparently 'gaping'. My lochia seems to have slowed up quite a lot now but I'm still bleeding quite a bit from an area somewhere near my clitoris. It has a bit of a smell so I phoned the midwife who came to check me out, last Wednesday. She said there is a 'small graze' there but it looks okay. She swabbed in the gaping bit of my episiotomy (not near the graze) to check for infection and the GP put me on general antibiotics just in case.

The gaping bit is still a bit sore but not too bad but I'm concerned about this graze at the front. It does bleed quite a bit - not soaking a pad or anything, but it doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. I saw a midwife yesterday and she said it's normal for a graze down below to take a while to stop bleeding because of the area being moist and warm. But two weeks? Really? It just doesn't seem right to me, I feel like it's not healing at all, but that's two midwives now who have brushed off my concerns.

Has anyone had anything similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->