Green eyed monster when friends announce they are pregnant

I typed out a whole reply to this before and then my laptop crashed...grr!

todteach- So sorry for your loss, i can't imagine how difficult it is to see others pregnant in that situation.

tiggy- I cannot believe that someone would come up to you, someone that you didn't even know and have the bare faced cheek to say that to you! it's unbelievable. No one would mind you saying that because i'm pretty sure i'm correct in assuming that no matter how much all of us in here wish we could have babies we would never go up to somebody and say that to them! it's awful!

Well Ive got 4 yrs before we're trying again and the green eyed monster came out at the weekend when my OHs mates said they're trying for a baby. I dont know what it is, I really dont. Because I dont want another baby right now lol.

I've turned so strange since having Seth lol

xxx

Hello, I have to answer this question because I'm dealing with this issue as I type...I have been unprotected/not actively ttc :blush:for about 5 years. I have wanted children since I was tiny little, I am known as the girl that knows everything about pregnancy and babies, and the worlds best nanny and Aunt (my member name here is Meli Tia because Tia is spanish for Aunt!)
At this very moment, 2 of my dearest friends are pregnant with #2, and 2 with #1, and my very own sister is 38 weeks pregnant right now. I'm extremely happy for each and every single one of them, but it came so easily for them! And it's hard when people look at you and say 'you're next'......ok, WHEN?! :hissy: I had someone tell me today "It's a disease, you're going to catch it", to that I said "not EVERYONE can catch that disease".:cry:

I will SOME day.......:happydance:

I agree 100%.

My friend got pregnant by accident - but despite my best efforts my husband and I haven't had any 'accidents' !

Why can't I be "breathe on me and I'm up the duff" fertile !!!

My sister-in-law just told me that they are officially TTC. I love them dearly and will be so excited when they get pregnant. I know she's wanted this for a long time. I am married and we are WTT, but only for a few more months. I am so jealous of my SIL and wish I could just be HAPPY for her, instead of fighting off this jealousy which makes me feel like a terrible person!!!!

Oh well, I guess it just emphasizes how welcome a baby will be when the time comes. It's good to know I'm not alone fighting the green eyed monster!

gosh im all teary now:cry:

its hard to find the words when some one has suffered a bereavment, i suppose all i can say is that i am so incredibly sorry and i mean that with all my soul.:hugs:

It's perfectly natural and normal to feel jealousy like this. We are biologically programmed to want children...nature's way of making sure we reproduce, I guess. Therefore, it's hardly surprising if we find it immensely difficult to see others with healthy babies or bumps when we desperately wish it was ourself in that situation. I don't think any of us wish any ill will towards those lucky mums and bubs...I certainly don't. But however much happiness we wish them, it doesn't detract from the stabbing envy we feel.

I've had to stop ttc for a while, and wtt feels like I've been 'demoted' and have had to take a step backwards away from my dream. Instead I found myself at the antenatal clinic last week, in a waiting room full of very pregnant ladies awaiting their scans. I was waiting for an ultrasound to try and find out why my body isn't working properly. It was really tough to sit there, especially as my mc bub would have been born this week. I just couldn't get out of my head "that should be me". I really had to focus so as not to hate those poor preg women! It's not their fault, and we'd swap places with them in an instant, so we can't blame them.

I'm rambling now, so I'll shut up. I just wanted to say that all jealousy and envy is perfectly natural, so don't give yourself a hard time about it.

Good luck :hug:

im always jealous, but i know i gotta wait till i get myself sorted with job and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->