Grieving for my bump

Nikkinoonoo

Mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Hello ladies,
Its been 9 days since I gave birth to the most precious little girl and I am so lucky and thankful to have her .... but.... I miss being pregnant. I am over the moon that she's here and I can see her and touch her and comfort her etc. However I miss feeling her inside me, I miss the countdown to milestones like scans and 'due in 99 days' etc. I wanna be pregnant again. I didn't have the most perfect of labours/deliveries with Jess but having her here made it all worthwhile. Am I weird for missing my bump or are these normal feelings?

Completely normal. I was the same for ages. I actually found myself having a little cry a couple of times. Even now I still really miss it but I don't feel so emotional about it. I feel like I've really lost something though.

i know im gonna miss my bump i have been rubbing and looking at all the time the last fews days who knows how long i have left with it x

No, I can say that after the birth of my two others, I didn't miss the bump. I was excited to have my babies, and excited to get back to normal.

It's so sweet hearing these stories of others missing their bump. :hugs:

I'm sure its normal but I have to say, like Lee-Anne, I wont miss mine!! I cant wait to get my little girl and I dont actually mind being pregnant but once the bumps gone, I'll be happy to get back to normal!

I can't imagine missing it but I won't jump ahead!

It's sweet,but how precious is your baby girl,if your bump was here she wouldn't be...xxx

Aww, at the min I just want LO out but I know I'll miss my bump once she is. Feeling her hiccups and watching her kicking the hell outta me

Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon that she's here and she's safe I just miss the bond I had with her when she was part of me. Watching her make my belly move, feeling the bumps in my belly and wondering if its an elbow or a knee etc. Think I'm just a daft moo lol xXx

No way! I really missed my bump and it is quite a change to get used to being one person again. For weeks after I had Charlie I would forget that the ticks and pangs weren't his feet in my ribs but my uterus contracting back down.

I used to love seeing the outline of his foot in my tummy. It is normal and you do get used to it and to be honest, the fact that I missed it so much is why I'm pregnant now. I wanted another one before he'd even turned 1. :D

i didnt realise how much i missed my bump until i was pg for the 2nd time. i love the kicks and movements and its nice to know that there is something in my belly and its just not fat ha! its the 1st time i ever feel nice about my body but i will have the baby and stretch marks to remember oh and i have taken a couple more photos of bump this time i think its totally normal 2 miss it xxx

I know what you mean. I am not particularly "good" at being pg, but I do miss having that physical bond when it is over. But, now you have other milestones to look forward to, like rolling, crawling, talking, walking, etc. For some people, I don't think that longing for pg ever goes away. For me it did when the kids were old enough to interact with me. You are okay, not a loon or anything.

I definitely missed it after my DD so I know I will with this one! I'm trying to enjoy every wriggle, kick and punch because very soon things will be so different!

Hello ladies,
Its been 9 days since I gave birth to the most precious little girl and I am so lucky and thankful to have her .... but.... I miss being pregnant. I am over the moon that she's here and I can see her and touch her and comfort her etc. However I miss feeling her inside me, I miss the countdown to milestones like scans and 'due in 99 days' etc. I wanna be pregnant again. I didn't have the most perfect of labours/deliveries with Jess but having her here made it all worthwhile. Am I weird for missing my bump or are these normal feelings?

I feel exactly the same hun and Seth has been here for nearly 2 weeks now. Im so greatful to have him but I really miss being pregnant. I was just starting to get used to my pregnancy body as well and I feel a bit depressed that my bump is gone and I just look like a flabby lady now.

No advice but big hugs

xxx

bless pet; I will totally be the same and will probably look a bit strange rubbing my belly all the time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->