Griffin (or Gryphen?)

sophiedaphne

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to hear opinions of the name Griffin or, alternatively, Gryphen?

Also, what are some middle names you think go well?

Thanks!

Not so keen, but I would definitely go for the Griffin spelling. x

I like it, one of the few names that I like the shortened version as well "Griff". I'd definitely go with Griffin though.

Griffin is unusual enough, go with the normal spelling. It looks good and Gryphen looks like "gr-EYE-fen" anyways. It's a cute name, keep it spelled Griffin.

I would pronounce Griffin and Gryphen differently so if you're wanting it to sound like Griffin, I would go with that spelling.

As for middle names...

Griffin James
Griffin Daniel
Griffin Oliver
Griffin Patrick

Gryphen looks really made up and I'd pronounce it differently (griff un rather than griff in)

Griffin is unique and fine if you ask me, although the Harry Potter thing is a bit offputting now that it's been mentioned! I also think of Family Guy.

I think the spelling 'Griffin' looks the best.

Griffin James
Griffin John
Griffin Lee
Griffin Jack
Griffin Oscar
Griffin Alex

Griffen...a friend has this on their list.

Its unique as a name. Definitely Griffen.

I believe Gryphen is the actual spelling for the mythical bird/dragon creature.

Griffen definitely, as someone else said I think Gryphen looks made up and quite harsh looking, if that makes any sense!

It does remind me of our local pub though, which is called the Griffen. Not sure where you're from but maybe check there's not one near you!

Xx

I like Griffin! Sorry to say but I hate Gryphen though. I'd pronounce that like "hyphen" and it just looks a bit try-hard to me, sorry.

Love griffin, would go for the original spelling, gryphon to me would be pronounced like "python" x

Lol, we have a pub called Griffin here too! I like it. Definitely spell Griffin.

where did you pull Gryphen from, its one of the most made up looking words ive ever seen

Griffin is nice and unique

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->