Groaning but doesn't seem constipated

Fossey

Mummy to Larissa
Reaction score
Hiya, Larissa is 3 weeks old and last night and this morning seems to be groaning quite a lot. She looks and sounds like she is filling her nappy. We had a mustard colour poo last night but wasn't solid like you'd expect with constipation so I don't think she is in any pain while passing stools, so have ruled constipation out. Just checked her nappy and she hasn't poo'd again but was groaning quite a lot again. She has gone to sleep now but every so often will groan. Anyone else had behaviour like this? We went to the doctors last week as I thought she had a tummy bug as we had green runny poos and a lack of milk intake over night, Dr gave her a check up and said all seemed ok. She takes her milk now back to normal and hasn't vomited and poo back to normal @(Dr and HV both said green poos can be normal anyway) which is what we were told to look out for so ruling out a tummy bug. Looking at her sleeping now she seems content, I am possibly worrying over nothing but thought I'd ask if you guys had experienced anything similar.

Sam used to make all sorts of strange noises when he was young - if she was in pain from it she would probably cry so I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Even passing wind can make them groan a bit sometimes. If you're really worried there's no harm in asking your doctor about it but as long as she's having lots of wet & dirty nappies and seems content I'm sure she's fine x

Simeon does it all the time since about 2/3 weeks. Sometimes it's his bowels, sometimes gas and sometimes he just seems to do it for no reason atall. I have done lots of research on this over the past few weeks and it seems to be completely normal as long as nappies are normal colour and wet and they are not constantly vomiting.

Sometimes also... he will grunt and groan for a good couple of hours... then suddenly a tiny bit of gas comes out and he settles - I think the main cause is him getting used to his system as it is all new to him. xxx

aww poor lara give her a big kiss from me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->