Gross, awkward question

BadMamaJAMA

Reaction score
So I've read a lot about what baby's bowel movements should be like while BFing... but what about mine? :blush:

I've had diarrhea for the past few days... and a couple of times it was, well, colorful. I'm sorry this is super gross... but I ate broccoli and it came out green. I ate orange/red bell peppers and it came out orange.

...What?!

I don't think that's anything to do with BF to be honest it sounds like a mild stomach bug or something like that? Xx

Agreed. Don't think this is BF-related.

I don't want to scare you, but how long ago were you in the hospital? Did they give you antibiotics at all while you were there?

I ask, because there is a Superbug called C Diff that you can catch in the hospital. People typically contract it when they are patients in the hospital and they are given antibiotics. The antibiotics suppress the good bugs in your gut, allowing the resistant C Diff to infect.

I got this on the maternity ward when I was hospitalized in third tri. I didn't get symptoms until I had been home for about a week. It took a month to treat and I ended up having to be hospitalized again, because I got dehydrated.

Symptoms include diarrhea, with poorly digested food (the "colorful" you describe).

It is probably worth getting checked if you have been in the hospital in the last few weeks, as these bugs are surprisingly common in hospitals.

Thanks, both! It's back to normal again...

I've been taking my temperature every day as I had a C-section (so, yes, antibiotics), and I've had no signs of infection. I guess I had a couple of weird stomach days. I'll keep an eye on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->