Gross/TMI question about pre-labor diarrhea.... (SORRY!!!!)

wlovew

Reaction score
OK ladies I have a kinda gross/TMI question - I have had stomach issues for pretty much the last week but yesterday and today really bad (just frequent having to go). Just had a bout of actual diarrhea which I know can be a sign of impending labor!!!!! BUT I'm not having contractions and the stomach pain from this is really not even that bad. My question is - when you do get diarrhea before labor isn't it usually accompanied by contractions?? And pretty bad? I am a lazy ass and I ordered Chinese delivery last night and I think it could very well be the culprit because I was woken up this morning at 4:30 by one hell of a painful contraction and hoped like hell that was the start of labor but it was THE ONLY contraction I had, and all day today my stomach has been going through HELL with gas and constant trips to the bathroom. BUT NO CONTRACTIONS!!!! WHAT THE HELL, MAN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I Probably should throw away the leftovers. Had some for lunch, too, and I doubt that was very smart. :/

It could definitely be either. The fact you've had a dodgy tummy for the past week might just be a sign that you caught a bug or aren't feeling 100%, but the clear out at the start of labour isn't necessarily once contractions have started. It can definitely be before. My friend had two days of vomiting and loose bowels and was actually in early labour, but she just thought she was coming down with a stomach bug. Her daughter was born the next day. I had a clear out just before I started getting mild period like cramps at the start of labour. But I knew I was in labour already because my waters broke and then I had a bloody show and then the clear out (all within the space of an hour), so it was a lot more obvious. The period like cramps started just after. My daughter was born maybe 11 hours after the clear out. So it very well could be the start of something. Or it could just be you ate something weird. Rest up if you can either way.

I have nothing to add, sorry. I am following though bc I've had what's now week 2 of loose bm's.

With my DD I had loose/frequent (like 5+ times a day) bowel movements for several weeks before she was born. I didn't get a clear out before labour (mores the pity; I pooped when pushing instead :haha: :blush:) though. With my DS I had a definite clear out, it was start of my labour when I was already having strong contractions. I've had diarrhoea yesterday and today but I'm not banking on it being a sign of anything tarting after my experience with DD.

With my DD I had loose/frequent (like 5+ times a day) bowel movements for several weeks before she was born. I didn't get a clear out before labour (mores the pity; I pooped when pushing instead :haha: :blush:) though. With my DS I had a definite clear out, it was start of my labour when I was already having strong contractions. I've had diarrhoea yesterday and today but I'm not banking on it being a sign of anything tarting after my experience with DD.

This has been my experience too. I've been having loose stools for about 3 weeks already. I wish it was a sign... It very well may be for you though.

This could be your "clear out". I didn't get mine until labor started, but some woman have it days or weeks in advance. No one warned me about it the first time around and yeah.. I had diarrhea for the whole first half of my labor, like 8 hrs of non stop having to go, 4hrs at home and probably the first 4hrs in the hospital laboring on the toilet.. I didn't know the human body could hold so much poop lol. I felt bad because my mom and my sister were there excited to be apart of the "experience" and I just wanted to be left alone to do my business. They were really understanding though and the nurses were respectful of my privacy and I eventually was able to get it all out of my system and join my family outside the bathroom lol. Pride and dignity really do go out the door when you have a baby! :haha:

Well SURPRISE SURPRISE, after that absolutely NOTHING more happened LOL I pumped yesterday 3 times for 20 minutes each tit and got a whopping 2 contractions that weren't painful just boulder-belly. I am done trying the at-home induction crap it is not working for me lol At this point I am ready to beg for induction tomorrow when I go for the NST in the morning. Or maybe they will determine that her fluid is low and they'll go ahead and do it. I don't want her fluid low tho, I don't want anything to be wrong :( BUT I WANT THIS BABY OUT!! I'm 4 days late and people have asked if I'm having TWINS. NO, ASSHOLE, THERE'S JUST ONE. "REALLY! JUST ONE!? WOW!" I seriously wanted to punch this guy. F'ing idiot. That is SO rude. But ya, I am pretty massive....

Attachments

• 4dayslate.jpg
    4dayslate.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 6
Beautiful bump keep us update for tomorrow's appointment hope all is well

Are they going to be able to tell if your waters are low at your appointment? I hope they aren't but I'm just curious if they will chexk

Yes that is one of the things they will be checking tomorrow! When I went in on Sunday they didn't check but they did make sure I'm not leaking any. I had an appointment for an NST on Monday that they cancelled since I went in Sunday. They would have checked the amniotic fluid levels at Monday's appointment but since they didn't find any leak Sunday they didn't bother checking fluid levels. But tomorrow they will for sure. I am going to beg them to just admit me and induce tomorrow I pray pray pray they will I am so uncomfortable and tired and ready for this baby girl to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->