• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

grotto girls bargain thread 2013!!!

Debenhams sale started in stores today and is pretty good! Lots of toys half price and more online too!!

I know its not christmas related but is anyone planning on doing the next sale this year? xx

Argos has a sale on, I just got play lawnmower, cricket set and golf set for £7.99 and little trampoline £12.99 Picking them up tonight xxx

Argos - Scooby doo innotab game £9.99 (another pressie put away for Christmas)

I'm gonna be doing the next sale this year. I know it's next month but I wish I knew when!! I won't be there at 7am but will be there as soon as ashlynn is up, fed and ready.

I read on another thread 13th July! I'm gutted cause I'm away that weekend :-( It was 6am on Boxing Day cause I went before work lol (I started 7am) I think it's the mid season sales start 7 but big ones earlier. Is the summer one only small or the whole store like at Xmas? If its just small I'm not as bothered about missing it then lol.

Summer one is bigger than mid season sales usually but it's all summer stuff like shorts/t-shirts last year we went first thing and came out with very little Im not sure on the date

I was gonna get stuff for when we go to oz and nz in nov (their summer) but yeh I loved Boxing Day, jumpers and long sleeves perfect for all year round in England ha ha. X

I'm going to try and go to the Boxing Day one this year, but might have to work
Don't think I get to the summer one as i will be working, will it be worth looking online? :flower:

Nah it's rubbish on line!! You need like the first VIP slot otherwise there's bugger all left! I've had VIP slots before but never the first ones, and there was nothing left then!! So by time it goes to rest of public it's a waste of time advertising it ha ha. X

Yeah i've heard its the 13th this year. It was the 14th last year, so its likely to be roughly the same date.

I'll be there at 3am again :blush: I was pretty surprised to see people had already got there before us, even at that time. I'm only going early again because by the time I had got my stuff and been served, the childrens clothes rails were literally empty. I got so much last year and could have easily spent more! x

Lol I spent over £200 last year!!!! I got there at 5 was wasn't too far off the front, I go to one of our smaller stores but the kids bit in there is quite big and let's face it that's what we really go for lol. There's a brand new mahosive one opened in own just 10 mins from this one so sales will he even quieter there now (I hope!) I'll be there Boxing Day anyway :) x

Lol I spent over £200 last year!!!! I got there at 5 was wasn't too far off the front, I go to one of our smaller stores but the kids bit in there is quite big and let's face it that's what we really go for lol. There's a brand new mahosive one opened in own just 10 mins from this one so sales will he even quieter there now (I hope!) I'll be there Boxing Day anyway :) x

I went to the quieter of our stores last year too and by the time the doors had opened, no word of a lie, there must have been 500 at least people queing. I'm tempted to go to the bigger one this year, possibly a little earlier, depends how much i'm able to spend.
There was a woman in front of me and she went down the line asking people what they had come for, to suss out who she was competing against for home stuff :haha: I'll probably have to go alone this year :( Thats the only thing i'm not looking forward too! I've not been to a boxing day one, can never drag myself out of bed that early on boxing day!! Are they quieter than the summer ones? xx

It was the first one I'd ever been to! I was by myself too and wasn't bad! Some people pushed in cause they knew people at front of quee so some were shouting and carrying on lol. There was a right quee from 5.30-6 so got there at a good time.

Omg 3am? What time does the store open? I'd love to go early but we don't have a next here so have to go to the next town and work weekends now :brat:

So what does everyone do for the hours they are waiting? I'd probably fall asleep and lose my place :(
x

The one I went to opened at 5 :flower:
The wait wasn't too bad, I was with a friend, which was ideal as she grabbed stuff for me too as she didn't want/need anything :haha: we stood and talked to a few people in the que who were lovely. One woman had her husband on hand to go and get her hot drinks and he brought us one too, which was nice!!

The competitive side of people came out so much whilst we were waiting, one woman had a massive argument with someone because she'd joined someone in the que, even though they were both behind her :wacko: I don't mind the wait, especially if you're spending alot/saving alot!! xx

One of my friends rang me whilst I was waiting, she was obviously drunk and on her way home from a night out. She was like 'I didn't wake you up did I?!' :haha: She couldn't stop laughing at the fact I was stood outside Next so early waiting for the sale! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->