growing up too quickly

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
my son will be 3 1/2 tomorrow and somehow to me that means he soon will be 4. He almost surely will be my only one and I am feeling very sad the baby/toddler days are over :cry:
he's the sweetest boy and I love him with all my heart :cloud9:
please tell me future years are lovely too ....

My daughter is 4 1/2 now and although I loved all the baby days (maybe not so much the toddler years and still have all that to come with my son!) now she is just great fun! She has an amazing sense of humour and imagination, we have lots of in depth conversations about anything and everything and I love how interested she is in the world. She is learning to read and write now so we do a lot of that together too.
:cloud9:

I love love love the age DD is at right now (5)

My "little boy" is 15. For the longest time he was the only one. The years after toddler/baby are great. They become their own person and it's amazing to see them grow.

My DD is 4 1/2 now. Sometimes I miss those baby days because I won't have another one. But she's an amazing person now and I wouldn't miss this stage of her life away.

Ben is my only one and I feel like this all the time! At each stage he's growing up I miss the earlier ones, however 5 has been the most enjoyable age for me. He's much more funny, articulate and pleasant to be around (apart from the odd tantrum still!).

If I'm honest I'm dreading him getting to 7/8 as then my baby will definitely be gone!! But such is life I guess!!

4 has been really difficult but Maria seems to be coming out of that bad stage now and she really is lots of fun when she wants to be. And I also love her new-found independence, she suddenly goes to the toilet all by herself (except for poos), changes her clothes herself (multiple times in a day - wants to wear all her dresses) and can suddenly manage all the play equipment in the park herself. I feel a bit superfluous sometimes but she still needs me for cuddles so its alright.

Well, I am expecting my third, and I think regardless of how many you have - that feeling will ALWAYS be with you...Now my eldest is turning six in a couple of months, and he is still wonderful. Still a little kid in many ways, grown-up in others, and oh so loving....It's also a joy to hear what's going on in his brain. So I say enjoy the future!
(Of course, I am also wondering if they will still be fun and loving as a teenagers...)

thanks everyone!

Well, I am expecting my third, and I think regardless of how many you have - that feeling will ALWAYS be with you...Now my eldest is turning six in a couple of months, and he is still wonderful. Still a little kid in many ways, grown-up in others, and oh so loving....It's also a joy to hear what's going on in his brain. So I say enjoy the future!
(Of course, I am also wondering if they will still be fun and loving as a teenagers...)

^^ well, that is my main concern....

I've been feeling like this too. My oldest finished primary school on Friday and that certainly leaves you feeling like they grew up waaay too fast! He's eleven, my daughter is ten tomorrow and my other daughter is seven (our baby is still tiny). I have to say I love all their ages for different reasons. You'll love the journey to teen years :)

My little girl is an only child and is five and i have to say I love this age, she is my little friend, we go shopping together, have our nails done and just seem to laugh and laugh. I am loving every second and so much easier than the crying newborn days and the stroppy toddler days!!

My little girl is an only child and is five and i have to say I love this age, she is my little friend, we go shopping together, have our nails done and just seem to laugh and laugh. I am loving every second and so much easier than the crying newborn days and the stroppy toddler days!!

I can see that, maybe what I am also worried about is how I will relate to the whole superhero/sports/boyish stuff.
At the moment he's a sweet quiet(ish) boy and I love doing things with him and reading books etc - what will we have in common in a few years time?

You find things. And tbh whilst the idea of Lego, super heroes never thrilled me before they do when I'm sharing them with my son because it truly doesn't matter what you're sharing as long as you get to share it with them.

My son also loves reading and other things so there will always be other things too x

My eldest turns 10 in September. Double digits. It's crazy how fast a decade has gone. I love the age she's at though, but I wish she could stay like that for a while. It goes too quickly.
My youngest recently turned 2 and it feels like yesterday I was pregnant with him!

My baby will be 8 in October and my other baby will be 18 in January, my youngest is at that funny age, where everything is just starting to make sense to them and they question everything about life and my eldest is at that awkward age (has been for the past 2-3 years) were they are just typical teenagers but I believe that will be ending soon, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now lol

I am loving the age my youngest is at now, no more tantrums, no more crying and so much more understanding, I am going to enjoy it because I know what lies ahead!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->