Growth but still no baby?? :'(

gemgem77

Reaction score
So I went for a scan last week as got to the stage I miscarried last time and panicked. By my dates I was 6+1 but she said I was measuring around 5+4 which she was happy with. The gestational sac and yolk sac were there but no baby so I was booked in for a week later.
Went along again today by dates now 7+1 and it was a different doctor who said everything has grown but there is still no sign of baby???
She said in her opinion it isn't going to end well and that I need to go back next week for a re scan and she will then probably say it is a miscarriage.
Has anyone else had this happen and it all be ok? I can't believe this is happening again :'(

It hasn't happened to me, but I've seen I work out for other ladies on here. The fetal pole is pretty tiny at that stage and can sometimes be hiding. Did they say if it had grown a week? FX for you! Try not to stress until you know for certain, it won't do you or the baby any good. :hugs:

Thank you. No the doctor I saw this timr was really unhelpful and wouldn't tell me how many weeks or days I was and just seemed negative about the whole thing. I'm trying to to get a rescan with someone else that can give me the information that I think I deserve!

Maybe she just missed the baby. It's pretty tiny at that stage and really doesn't look like a baby. Mine looked like a curved line with a fluttering heartbeat with my son. I think I was 6+3 or 4 then. I'd be happy with growth at this point. Focus on that positive. Fingers crossed that baby is visible with a little heart fluttering away by next week. If you'd be 8 wks then you should definitely see baby.

Yeah just wait another week or so before the rescan and hopefully you see a heart best. Fx for you!

I've had my first scan at 7 weeks and we coulnd't see the baby so my Gyne decided it would be best to do the internal scan to be sure... and sure enough there is was!! very very tiny and barely visible. So don't worry much. Might be he just missed the baby.. I'd say wait another week and go in for another scan.

Fingers crossed for you xx

Thanks everyone. I had a private scan today which confirmed this pregnancy isn't viable :( now need the final scan with nhs to confirm that so I can move forward xx

I'm so sorry. This happened to me. I had about four ultrasounds from about five weeks to eight and at first just a sac then still sac then the last two sac and yolk but never a baby. It was devastating. I know how you feel.

Sounds like a blighted ovum. Nothing really forms. Im sorry. This happened to me twice before I conceived my daughter. <3

Do you think due to my age (36) I should push for tests or do you think this is just really bad luck and hopefully 3rd time lucky?

Aw I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers for strength hun. Hope you get your rainbow baby soon. Hugs

So sorry. I recently suffered one of these (a blighted ovum) in jan diagnosed at 9 wks. I was 27 yrs old. I do think these things just happen. I think it would be okay to push for tests if that would give you peace of mind as tests can take time and when you are older time really matters in ttc. That being said lots of people I know have had babies age 35-39 and they've been healthy. I don't know about their ttc histories though. Hugs to you! Be gentle with yourself.

I don't think it has to do with age. Unfortunately these things just happen. I'm 25 and just had my MMC, not a blighted ovum though. So sorry

Do you think due to my age (36) I should push for tests or do you think this is just really bad luck and hopefully 3rd time lucky?

Hi there I had a blighted ovum and it is sadly something that just happens. I do believe as we get older we are a bit more suspectible to them, however, anyone can have it happen.

I would say wait till 9 weeks though, your ovulation may be off and baby maybe able to form. My blighted ovum was diagnosed at 9 weeks although Doc thought it might be at 7 weeks.

This time around I did not have a baby at 7 week scan but by 8 weeks baby was there with a heart beat....I am definitely feeling I O'd late AFTER the blighted ovum as my body took nearly 3 months to heal from it and then I got pregnant first cycle after.

Take care....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"