Growth Scan at 29 weeks - Think i'm going to have a big baby!

cazi77

Mummy to my 2 girls x
Reaction score
I had a growth scan today at 29 weeks exactly and baby was estimated to weigh about 3lb 1oz! According to the charts i'm on course to have an 8 1/2- 9lber - a big difference to my daughter who was 6lb 2oz! Yikes!

My 29week scan estimated 3lb 9oz if that makes you feel any better....:wacko: Sounded huge to me but consultant wasn't concerned as weight estimate isn't that accurate. Waiting to see what she measures at 32weeks...

please update me as to what your estimate is at 32 weeks! I have another scan at 33 weeks.

I have one on the 30th, will be 33+4 weeks, had test for diabetes last week but came back negative.
DS1 was born at 36 weeks weighing 7lb8 and this one is measuring 3 weeks ahead so expecting a whopper lol :)

please update me as to what your estimate is at 32 weeks! I have another scan at 33 weeks.

I will do! Am expecting to be induced at 37 or 38 weeks which I'm quite relieved about as the thought of the 40week weight is scary!!! My son was 7lb3oz and born at 37w1d and definitely think his sister is going to be bigger.

I think at 32 week my boy was 6lb !!!
He was 8.5lb when born at 40 week don't worry x

At a 36 week scan I just had on Wednesday, the sonographer took measurements and then said the estimated weight is 6lb15oz, so practically 7lbs! If you use the 1/2lb per week theory, if I go to 40 weeks I'm looking at a 9ish lb baby, and I'm trying for a VBAC this time so that might be interesting...

Thanks guys I know these scans are nutritious for being wrong. As long as baby is healthy I don't mind what it weighs (within reason lol)

I have just read that if your estimated to have a big baby the midwife will not send you for a growth scan, the scan is to check the amount of fluid not the size of baby .

I have had a couple of scans as I have incrwased fluid levels. I love getting the estimated weight of baby, just makes it seem more real that there is like a full size baby in there!

32wks - 4lbs 8oz
36wks - 6lbs 14oz

I have another on wednesday at 38+3 so am curious as to how much little miss has grown! Her head is measuring 2.5wks ahead and her tummy is a week ahead. My daughters have weighed 8lb14oz and 8lb1oz at birth (both at 41+5) so im expecting baby to be 8lb something, or slightly bigger!

32w 5d scan this morning - estimate of weight 4lb15oz. Not quite as scary as I expected but still think she's going to be a big girl....

My scan at 29 weeks exactly showed bubs to weigh approx 2.86lbs. Do you think i will nd up with a big bubba? (i do not have GD either)

I had a growth scan at 27+4 and this baby was estimated at 2lb10! I do have GD but it's managed by diet and exercise. The funny thing is that the scan was arranged before my GD diagnosis because DD had IUGR and was born at 37 weeks weighing 5lb4. Will be very interested to see how much this baby is weighing at my next scan (next Monday at 33+4) I'm guessing it'll be weighing around the same as DDs birth weight :haha:

I had a growth scan at 28+5 and our boy estimated 3lb 2oz! If he packs on the 0.5lb per week I'm looking at pushing out a 9 and a half pounder! A bit bigger than me 7lb 8oz daughter! X

My scan at 27.4 was estimated weight 2.8 pounds, I've another at 32&36 weeks the funny thing is I'm monitored due to thyroud causing small babies- I don't think hats the case here! My daughter was 2 weeks over due and 7.4 pounds eek hope it's true that bigger babies are easier to get out than smaller!x

I don't know an estimate of baby right now. But she was measuring big at 22 weeks and I have big babies. I am all belly, only gained 12 lbs and when she moves she hurts and takes up all the room in my belly. Anyone watching can see when she moves. I get scared she's gonna bust out through my belly one day!

if it makes you ladies feel better my ds#1 was 8lbs born at 37 weeks naturally and ds#2 was induced at 38 weeks due to size (he was 9lbs). If I go/went to 40 weeks I am/was looking at a 10lb+ babies!!

Just an update. Had a scan today at 33 weeks and baby is estimated to weigh 4lb 7oz so is now measuring on the 50th percentile!!

Just an update. Had a scan today at 33 weeks and baby is estimated to weigh 4lb 7oz so is now measuring on the 50th percentile!!

That must be a relief for you. At my 33+4 weeks scan baby was weighing 5lb1 which is average according to my growth chart so I'm not expecting a huge baby any more either. It's strange to know that I'm already carrying a baby that's bigger than DD was at birth - providing this one had put on 3lbs since last week.

I had a growth scan at 28 weeks and my little girl was measuring to weigh 2lb 6oz. I go back at 34 weeks. I have them due to a previous loss at 20 weeks for my peace of mind x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->