growth scan?? baby measured small

dandy2409

Reaction score
hi just wondering if anyone knows anything about growth scans etc, at my 35 week mw apt she told me baby was only measuring 31wks, baby has measured at least a week or two below throughout the pregnancy, but now they have worried me sending me for NST i went for the NST on monday and they said everything was fine but to come back on thursday for another one, when i asked the mw what was the need in coming back if everything seemed ok and she was happy with the results i got the answer 'its just what we do' no explanation, no nothing! useless. anyway ive got to go back on thursday for another NST then i have a growth scan on monday to check on his growth (i will be 37weeks on monday)

anyone had this or anything similar? if so what were your measurements/results?

Thanks

I'm similar but the other way.

I'm 37 weeks but mesauring 4 ahead. Had a NST last week for increased movemnt, and have a growth scan tomorrow.

Don't worry too much hun, these measurements (& even the growth scans) are notoriously inaccurate!

annoying as hell when the midwives dont explain anything to u, your clearly going to be anxious as your getting towards the end of pregnancy without them adding to it and not helping to re-assure at all, drives me mad, also the midwife asked me how far i was (told her 36) so she decided to put 3 different dates on my notes (35+6, 31 and 31+3) i have no idea where those dates came from haha dont think she was on this planet

With my little girl I was scanned at 30 weeks and told she was measuring small ( below the 10th centile line - don't know how many weeks). They rescanned me every week from then to make sure she was still growing in line with the curve, as if they stay the same it generally means they aren't growing and they will need to be brought out early, either by inducing you (if you have no other risk factors like low fluid etc) or c-section. They will have checked the fluid levels, the placenta, blood flow through the umbilical cord etc at the scan, so if they aren't telling ou about any problems then it's a positive. And the fact that you are 37 weeks is a positive - by this stage your baby's lungs should have matured sufficiently. And just remember that they go by averages, and not all babies are average - for every big baby who is above average, there is a small baby who is below average. My little girl was born naturally at 37 weeks, small (5lbs) but perfect! Hopefully you will have the same experience - a bit of worry for a week or 2, but a healthy LO at the end! It's better that they be careful, much as it's a worrying experience! :hugs:

I'm past my due date, and have a baby that measures 2 weeks behind the last month (since 36 week), meaning he is growing but not in the same rate as other babies. However the NST and all our tests are coming up normal so I don't worry. The fact that your baby is small doesn't mean he is not thriving. Babies are often the perfect size for the mom and her pelvis and will gain tons of weight after they are born. It is how nature does things.
If your doppler U/S and your NST are normal you have nothing to worry about.

With my little girl I was scanned at 30 weeks and told she was measuring small ( below the 10th centile line - don't know how many weeks). They rescanned me every week from then to make sure she was still growing in line with the curve, as if they stay the same it generally means they aren't growing and they will need to be brought out early, either by inducing you (if you have no other risk factors like low fluid etc) or c-section. They will have checked the fluid levels, the placenta, blood flow through the umbilical cord etc at the scan, so if they aren't telling ou about any problems then it's a positive. And the fact that you are 37 weeks is a positive - by this stage your baby's lungs should have matured sufficiently. And just remember that they go by averages, and not all babies are average - for every big baby who is above average, there is a small baby who is below average. My little girl was born naturally at 37 weeks, small (5lbs) but perfect! Hopefully you will have the same experience - a bit of worry for a week or 2, but a healthy LO at the end! It's better that they be careful, much as it's a worrying experience! :hugs:

ive got the scan on monday, i never expected to have a big baby as i am only small myself and my daughter was born at 37+5 and weighed 5lb14oz (after being told she was going to be huge :/ along with scans every 4 week) so ive not got the most confidence in how they measure to start off with.

im not too concerned because as i say my little girl was small just thinking he's going to be roughly the same size (which of course i am happy with as she was healthy) was just curious to know about other peoples experiences in this :)

I am 33 weeks and am measuring 30 weeks.
Like you I am in for twice weekly scans to better plot the hopeful growth.
I had this with my first baby too.
If they say all if well, that's great. If you haev questions, you need to ask, don't be too nervous or shy, it's what they're there for afterall.

Hope things improve for you over next couple weeks.

x

Ive been having growth scans since 31 weeks as im measuring under the 10th centile. Im still under it but she is going up the curve so still growing etc! Ive got another one tomorrow :)

They would have advised you of anything showed up of concern .. these extra scans are just precautionary now xx

my first daughter measured 32w at the 36w scan. they said everything looked normal, she was just small. when she was born she was 6lbs and for the first year and a half she was in a low weight percentile- like 6%. but she was healthy! at her 2 year checkup she was in the 45% for weight and 70% for height- so she caught up.

they would tell u if somthing was wrong, dont worry hunny! i am sure your baby is just on the small side

Hi hun, im 34 weeks and have measured 2-3weeks behind since 26 weeks! Ive had 2 growth scans and baby is doing well he is just built small. So im assuming thats the case with you? You could have smaller amounts of fluid meaning your are 'all baby' or just that you arent carrying 'upfront'... Im not sure what the check up scan's are for but if there was problem you'd be the first to be notified try not to stress xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->